UKBouldering.com

New Moon Training Article- Systems training. (Read 10711 times)

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
The videos have been altered- so for those of you who wasnt able to view the videos please try again and let me know if they are still not working.

Cheers Rich

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
would begin to concur a negative taste of the place

What does that mean? Is it lawyer talk or something?

I think he means "incur".

Could be confer

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Just for the record I have been offered membership several times, even by the Big Man himself, but I don't climb indoors. My comments were meant largely in jest, though I have heard of some fairly petty behaviour towards non-members  :wank:

Doylo

• forum hero
If it wasn't an 'exclusive clique' then it would be too busy in there most of the time to train properly. Also it stops the place getting trashed and stuff going missing.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Mr Brown, in case you havent already reaslised, my comments where also in jest- their is no cleaners position available at the moment, im sorry if i got your hopes up or hurt your feelings.

With regards to the rumours of the school room being cliquey and elitist. These are old wives tales, in fact the majority of climbers that reguarly use the school climb up font 7c - hardly an elite level in anyones book.

The place is very small and becomes dusty very easily. To be honest any more than 4 climbers in their at any one time the place becomes rather unpleasent. Obviously the logic of having hundreds of members would just be ridiculous, so its important that members are kept to a reasonable level- I think about 25 people at the moment, which is more than enough.

To become a member you dont have to be world class, nor a member of this apparant Sheffield scene (which i am not). You need to be trustworthy in terms of not damaging the place- pay fees on time and show respect to other members. Obviously it helps to know someone whos a member whom can put in a good word for you. But i know for a fact that several very good climbers have being turned away membership latey simply because we are already over subscribed.

Just out of interest Mr Brown- who exactly is the quoted 'Big Man' that offered you membership? I was under the impression that Ronald Mcdonalds membership ceased several months ago.

Over and out.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
who exactly is the quoted 'Big Man' that offered you membership?

Crikey, and you want to be a lawyer? Do you really need me to throw you a bone here? And whether you like it or not, you are definitely part of the sheffield scene...

The point is, I keep getting invited but I don't want to go, friends who want to go are given short shrift... just cos they've not been on the cover of a magazine!

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Well, we usually refer to the handsome Malcy Smith as the schools very own 'Big man', and im pretty certain that he hasnt begged you to join, since he hasnt even been in Sheffield for a few years now.

That only really leaves Ronald mcdonald, myself and Ben Moon as potential school Big man wannabes.

Im fairly sure i havent invited you- even though i did see you on the front cover of climber grimacing on a V8.

So that just leaves Moonie- whom may have asked you, or Mr Mcdonald, who has vanished off the face of this earth since he repeated some of Si O Connors desperate problems.

So, if im wrong, maybe i do need a bone thrown in my direction. :please:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal