UKBouldering.com

New Moon Training Article- Systems training. (Read 10693 times)

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Another article up on the Moon site. This time its systems training  :goodidea: :o

coming very soon will be power endurance training on circuits, since its now time to blow the dust from your rope and harness an get some routes bagged.

Any feedback welcome. Cheers Rich

https://www.moonclimbing.com/index.php?form_action=school&school_id=25

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
Sweeeeeeeeet!  :thumbsup:

Totally what i've been looking for> Cheers Rich.

Should be able to get totally freakin' ripped down the board room now.

Have some waddage.

andy popp

• forum hero
That's all very well, but judging by their diaries, Rich doesn't seem to have trained since March and Ben since November LAST YEAR. Slackers, even I train more than that.

chappers

• forum hero
unfortunately, egyptioning, matching or any other type of faggotory didn't get Monsieur's Smith and Moon strong, and it won't help you either.

:lol:

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
Cool Article, Anyone else having problems seeing these new videos? I can see the previous ones but just get sound from the new ones.

Cheers
Tim

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Cool Article, Anyone else having problems seeing these new videos? I can see the previous ones but just get sound from the new ones.

Cheers
Tim

The videos work fine on my laptop, but we know others have also experienced this problem. We will reload the videos sometime soon and hopefully that will sort out any problems.

Cheers Rich

Stubbs

Quality article that sits nicely in counterpoint with Steve Mac's article in Climb about training vs. technique.

Paul B

• forum hero
yeah im having that trouble too. All of the old vids play but i just hear "ok" and get a white screen for the new ones.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
system training looks like even more boring than my super boring fingerboard routines.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
I can see them and enjoyed a few moments to myself whilst watching the greatest climber in the world under the instruction of noddy holder. Loving your work guy!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
yeah im having that trouble too. All of the old vids play but i just hear "ok" and get a white screen for the new ones.

The same thing has happened with the yorkshiregrit site.  Similarly, you probably just need the new version of Quicktime  (it's a free download :)).    A bit of a bugger though - I can now play recent videos on my personal laptop (with new Quicktime installed) but when using the university network (non-updated) I get a blank screen and the occassional message about uninstalled components... it's as though they actually want me to do some work (rather than messing about until I can  go home to watch football)

monkey boy

• forum hero
The stuff on the moon website always looks cool and would like to train on a woodie somewhere. It seems that quite a few peeps on here train at the school room! I want to go and was just wondering how you go about it?

Cheers

account_inactive

• forum hero
The stuff on the moon website always looks cool and would like to train on a woodie somewhere. It seems that quite a few peeps on here train at the school room! I want to go and was just wondering how you go about it?

Cheers

Not like that

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Its by invitation only, which the guys who run it attempt to enforce strictly in order to maintain an exclusive clique. If you don't know them you won't be able to go, and by the time you do you won't want to.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Sound a bit sour their Mr Brown. Mind you, anyone who had be turned down membership so many times, no matter how much arse kissing, drink buying and name dropping would begin to concur a negative taste of the place.
Especially since a number of his mates- Harry, Sam and even Dense Loner have been offered membership. Poor boy, maybe you should take up bowls, i heard anyone can get involved in that.  :boohoo:
Ps, rumour has it we are looking for a cleaner, so im sure with a big of haggling and elbow grease, even Mr Brown would be offered an off peak membership.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:01:30 pm by Buoux 8C »

a dense loner

• forum hero
you can go to crewe flats for free monkey boy. for the next wk anyway :thumbsdown:

account_inactive

• forum hero
Sound a bit sour their Mr Brown. Mind you, anyone who had be turned down membership so many times, no matter how much arse kissing, drink buying and name dropping would begin to concur a negative taste of the place.
Especially since a number of his mates- Harry, Sam and even Dense Loner have been offered membership. Poor boy, maybe you should take up bowls, i heard anyone can get involved in that.  :boohoo:
Ps, rumour has it we are looking for a cleaner, so im sure with a big of haggling and elbow grease, even Mr Brown would be offered an off peak membership.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
"...even Dense Loner have been offered membership"

Standards have slipped further than I imagined.

JB is right though even if he isn't an example of someone who has tried to join.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
could i join in, should i move north?

jamesprice

would begin to concur a negative taste of the place

What does that mean? Is it lawyer talk or something?

a dense loner

• forum hero
i have never been offered membership (standards won't be slipping), westie was forced to leave due to codlung, n nine toes doesn't train he just convaleses inbetween every injury. johnnys rant was meant in good taste i'm sure. basically what he was attempting to say was you have to be in it to win it, you can't just want to go. :goodidea:

Nigel

• forum hero

I think he means "incur".

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
One of the side effects of being so strong you can literally rip the holds off the wall is that your spellnig goes out the wnidwo.

account_inactive

• forum hero
One of the side effects of being so strong you can literally rip the holds off the wall is that your spellnig goes out the wnidwo.

Which also leaves you little time for studying

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
The videos have been altered- so for those of you who wasnt able to view the videos please try again and let me know if they are still not working.

Cheers Rich

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent

I think he means "incur".

Could be confer

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Just for the record I have been offered membership several times, even by the Big Man himself, but I don't climb indoors. My comments were meant largely in jest, though I have heard of some fairly petty behaviour towards non-members  :wank:

Doylo

• forum hero
If it wasn't an 'exclusive clique' then it would be too busy in there most of the time to train properly. Also it stops the place getting trashed and stuff going missing.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Mr Brown, in case you havent already reaslised, my comments where also in jest- their is no cleaners position available at the moment, im sorry if i got your hopes up or hurt your feelings.

With regards to the rumours of the school room being cliquey and elitist. These are old wives tales, in fact the majority of climbers that reguarly use the school climb up font 7c - hardly an elite level in anyones book.

The place is very small and becomes dusty very easily. To be honest any more than 4 climbers in their at any one time the place becomes rather unpleasent. Obviously the logic of having hundreds of members would just be ridiculous, so its important that members are kept to a reasonable level- I think about 25 people at the moment, which is more than enough.

To become a member you dont have to be world class, nor a member of this apparant Sheffield scene (which i am not). You need to be trustworthy in terms of not damaging the place- pay fees on time and show respect to other members. Obviously it helps to know someone whos a member whom can put in a good word for you. But i know for a fact that several very good climbers have being turned away membership latey simply because we are already over subscribed.

Just out of interest Mr Brown- who exactly is the quoted 'Big Man' that offered you membership? I was under the impression that Ronald Mcdonalds membership ceased several months ago.

Over and out.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
who exactly is the quoted 'Big Man' that offered you membership?

Crikey, and you want to be a lawyer? Do you really need me to throw you a bone here? And whether you like it or not, you are definitely part of the sheffield scene...

The point is, I keep getting invited but I don't want to go, friends who want to go are given short shrift... just cos they've not been on the cover of a magazine!

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
Well, we usually refer to the handsome Malcy Smith as the schools very own 'Big man', and im pretty certain that he hasnt begged you to join, since he hasnt even been in Sheffield for a few years now.

That only really leaves Ronald mcdonald, myself and Ben Moon as potential school Big man wannabes.

Im fairly sure i havent invited you- even though i did see you on the front cover of climber grimacing on a V8.

So that just leaves Moonie- whom may have asked you, or Mr Mcdonald, who has vanished off the face of this earth since he repeated some of Si O Connors desperate problems.

So, if im wrong, maybe i do need a bone thrown in my direction. :please:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal