Phone Book Ripping (Read 14476 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#25 Phone Book Ripping
March 17, 2006, 07:03:15 pm
very good...   :lol:

And perhaps yours could say "Strong Girls don't armwrestle".

Paul B

• forum hero
#26 Phone Book Ripping
March 17, 2006, 08:31:57 pm
Not a top effort but i certianly wont be using this phone book again.

After being totally inspired the girlfreind went for the 'trainer' book in the form of last years Ikea catalog.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#27 Phone Book Ripping
March 17, 2006, 08:47:21 pm
:lol:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#28 Phone Book Ripping
March 18, 2006, 01:31:54 am
check it, 700 pages of thompson that ain't gonna be used up in tha crib. I do seem to have developed uncle's "lopsided ripping" technique tho:

For tha record, the cover came off in the early stages of the on-sight word.

bobby knut

#29 Phone Book Ripping
March 18, 2006, 05:27:30 pm
remember taking a yellow pages apart, page by page, a couple of years ago with the aid of some fine lsd. front room looked lovely :twisted:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#30 Phone Book Ripping
March 19, 2006, 07:19:05 pm
Fucking genious thread  :lol:

Little Paul

• addict
#31 Phone Book Ripping
March 19, 2006, 08:24:21 pm
Since this thread began I've been trying to rip things now im getting into trouble for ripping my sisters college work so i will not be influenced by this wonderful thread anymore :(

andy_e

• forum hero
#32 Phone Book Ripping
March 20, 2006, 09:31:34 am
I managed to dispatch the 207-page 2006 Northumberland University Undergraduate Prospectus the other day, sideways. photos soon.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#33 Phone Book Ripping
March 20, 2006, 11:29:44 pm
I can't wait  :roll:

ian h

• forum abuser
#34 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 10:27:41 am
i managed the bt phone book from top to bottom, which is just under 800 pages in my area fairly easily

however the yellow pages proved to be a whole new league  could not get this started

i rekon the real challenge has to be the argos catalouge

BenF

• forum hero
#35 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 12:33:19 pm
Quote from: "ian h"

And the great thing about Argos catalogues is that you can pop into an Argos store and pick up dozens of the things... not that I've actually tested this but I have taken a handful once (to take into school for a maths activity).  

Once the single book has been mastered we can move up to the next level: Speed Book Ripping.  How many can you tear in a minute?  No doubt someone will post soon that they've done like 28 Argos catalogues in a minute or summat silly like that.   :roll:

As Fatneck said, this is a wicked thread.  One of the funniest and most futile I've seen in a while.  Kinda appropriate that it should be on a British bouldering site, since it mirrors what we all do far often at places like Stoney or Pex.  Twas just last weekend that I was spending my afternoon attempting one handed, eyes shut dynos at Pex.  Feckin' idiot that I am.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#36 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 12:45:17 pm
Quote from: "BenF"

Once the single book has been mastered we can move up to the next level: Speed Book Ripping.  How many can you tear in a minute?  No doubt someone will post soon that they've done like 28 Argos catalogues in a minute or summat silly like that.   :roll:

I don't know, I think as in climbing, the next level challenge will be one of style - the flash of a known style of phone book, then the onsight when someone is brought a phone book without knowing what to expect. And of course, the style in which it is ripped....the purity of the line of the rip...

dom

• addict
#37 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 02:23:17 pm
Quote from: "ian h"

Is it just me or is the argos catalogue really nails hard.  I think its cause the pages are stronger cause they're glossy.  I've tried it length-ways and by the spine, but couldn't make a dent.  
Then  again i am weak as fuck.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#38 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 05:10:00 pm
Just been and picked up the latest argos catalogue (not my only reason for the visit btw) and had a go at ripping it. I flashed this and I thought it was fairly easy, much easier than the yellow pages, the initial break came easily and the pages seem to tear much more smoothly... as you can see this is the first one I've torn in a straight line! oh, it's 1662 pages, so my biggest number so far, but not my best effort... Evidence below...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#39 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 10:52:42 pm
See, told you, stylistic improvements - uncle bringing in the big numbers, the flash, and the purity of line  :P

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#40 Phone Book Ripping
March 21, 2006, 11:16:40 pm
shame he'll never bring them to climbing tho  :lol:  
sorry uncle, couldn't resist

BenF

• forum hero
#41 Phone Book Ripping
March 22, 2006, 08:22:31 am
Quote from: "Fiend"
I don't know, I think as in climbing, the next level challenge will be one of style - the flash of a known style of phone book, then the onsight when someone is brought a phone book without knowing what to expect. And of course, the style in which it is ripped....the purity of the line of the rip...

Yeah Fiend, you're right there.  My head-pointed rip of a phonebook last night was not the way forward...

I'd spent several evenings working on the book, studying the creases, folds and minute weaknesses that lie in every phone directory.  A friend who'd ripped a similar directory had passed on some excellent beta.  After my first visit I was sure it would go, but wasn't confident to try and rip it on my second session...  conditions weren't right, there was a bit of dampness around the "Steam Cleaners" section (early on in the directory) so I left it for another day.  

On the evening of my successful rip conditions were mint.  The directory was bone dry, a nasty paper cut on my index finger had fully healed and I was ready to go for the head-rip-point.  After practising the moves on a rope and above nine pads (with eleven spotters), I cleaned the crux pages and tick marked the crucial creases on the final necky run-out to the "Zebra suppliers" section.  Then I sat in contemplation for maybe ten minutes before giving the nod to my spotters and starting the rip.  After fluffing the first easy section through the contents page it all began to come together and before I knew it I was on the final few letters of the alphabet.  As I topped out the rip I said little, just a "thank you" to my spotters, support team and camera crew.  Another hard rip in the bag.  

I hope I haven't ruined anyone's chances of an on-sight have I? :oops:

andy_e

• forum hero
#42 Phone Book Ripping
March 22, 2006, 10:54:11 am
I, Andi Emery, have evidence that ALL of unclesomebody's rips have been faked. Photoshopped images and damp paper were used to aid his ripping. Anyone who has actual video evidence, or witnessed a ripping, should contact me on 0800-GET-BENT.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#43 Phone Book Ripping
March 22, 2006, 04:00:07 pm
am i missing something? video evidence upon application...

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#44 Re: Phone Book Ripping
May 29, 2006, 11:44:39 pm
just saw this and thought it should be linked... so how many of your are weaker than a girl?  :lol:

Strong Woman

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#45 Re: Phone Book Ripping
May 30, 2006, 03:20:28 am
just saw this and thought it should be linked... so how many of your are weaker than a girl?  :lol:

Strong Woman

Only in Blackpool - oh how I miss that place, the fights, the hen parties, the poisoned sea. Yep - would much rather be there than Sydney...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#46 Re: Phone Book Ripping
May 30, 2006, 07:29:26 am
Mmmm...  She's one fine Teutonic beauty!   I could have sworn the lass was from Morcambe.  (With a technical rating of Double bagger - single stumper.)

:alky: to  ;) to  ;D to   :wave: to :dance1: to  :beer2: to  :kiss1: to  :wank: to  :shag: to  :shag: removing beer goggles  :o to  :wall: to  :shrug: til next Friday night  on The Golden Mile

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#47 Re: Phone Book Ripping
June 05, 2006, 08:59:45 pm
She's totally got Keith's hair too. I wonder if its something you turn to when you get a mullet? does anyone know if Pat King ever tried phone book ripping? I mean, he was the king of the mullet therefore perhaps king of the rip too?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal