UKBouldering.com

WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf (Read 2125 times)

Sam

• addict
WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf
June 02, 2006, 01:02:40 pm
After one of the above vehicles (although Focus a long shot). Diesel, preferable estate. Must have FSH; less than 100k but will consider if dealer serviced/1 owner/etc. As for money up to £2000 though preferably less. Really after an Astra 1.7TD estate (I know, isn't everyone? - feel that low pressure turbo  :yawn:)

Thanks, Sam

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf
June 02, 2006, 01:07:24 pm
I think that they are all a long shot for that money. have a look at Parkers or Autotrader to see what you would expect to pay for a car of that spec. I don't think there is such a thing as getting a bargain car.

Sam

• addict
#2 Re: WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf
June 02, 2006, 01:57:51 pm
Sorry should have stated I'm not after the new(er) models think old shape Astra circa '97

fashionguru

• player
#3 Re: WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf
June 21, 2006, 11:05:25 am
Hi Ya,

Don't know that much about the Astra's apart from there is supposed to be problems with the intercooler on higher milage cars so you might want to look at something else or a non turbo if you can do with a very slow car.

As for the golf you will find very little in the price range. (soory    have just bought a HDI my self and was looking at golfs but nothing for less than £3500 that was any good and had FSH)

You might want to look at the 306 TD as the engines are great. I have 2 the first was write off (some running into me at speed) with 170,000 and did not cost a been to run and the last one which I parked in the back of a golf at a very funny angle had 260,000 on the clock and was as good as ever, all I had done was a heater matrix at £300 and full service only costs around £80. GREAT CAR AND ENGINE

You should be able to pick up and R / S reg with under 100,000 on for the money your looking at with FSH as well.

Hope this is of help.

Sam

• addict
#4 Re: WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf
June 28, 2006, 09:51:19 am
Many thanks for all that, I thought the 306D looked like a good bet but I've got it covered now with a Golf TDI. If its of any interest to anyone else, I used to have a mk3 Astra 1.7TD which was ace, definitely worth considering if they have fsh. Very economical 50-55mpg, Isuzu engines which are seemingly indestructable - low-pressure turbo trouble-free, just don't expect performance.   

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#5 Re: WTD: Astra/Focus/Golf
July 01, 2006, 10:52:53 pm
I had a 306D which accelerated like an arthritic snail, but made amazing cross country times due to the brilliant handling. Incredibly reliable as well, until I rear ended an Audi TT.... The TD version would be great and quite a bit nippier as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal