UKBouldering.com

Chee Tor Clean Up (Read 2284 times)

Rob_Greenwood

Chee Tor Clean Up
June 28, 2016, 09:37:08 pm
Over the past week a few of us have climbed, cleaned, and replaced threads (as/when appropriate) on the following routes at Chee Tor: Golden Mile, Ceramic, Meditation, Mortlock's Arete, Approaching, Shake, Splintered Perspex, Queer Street, Nostradamus, Autobahn, 42nd Street, Rave On, and Great Central Route.

I'll try and get back there to climb/clean Apocalypse and Midnight Summer Dream, but there's currently a wet streak down the former and seepage on crux holds for the latter, so probably no rush.

Despite the recent rain the crag is in good condition, particularly now that the ratio of chalk to dust is a little more evenly balanced (although there's still plenty of dust to go around if you want it...).

If anyone happens to clean anything else up let me know.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#1 Re: Chee Tor Clean Up
July 04, 2016, 04:43:51 pm
Update from Rob on UKC http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=644625

As a quick round-up of other routes that are currently in good condition, here's a quick list:

Autobahn (E5 6b) - a Fawcett classic that deserves more attention (particularly now my chalk is on it!)
Valentine (pitch 1) (E1 5b) - great counter diagonal to the crag classic Meditation *
Less Than Zero (E3 5c) - a nice, soft E3 (unlike Queer Street!) *
One Night (E1 5b) - an underrated route, with some fun jug hauling right to the top of the crag *
Sunny Goodge Street (E2 5b) - wandering E2 that goes up some nice features, with one hard section *
Flycatcher (E1 5b) - quite a bold number, but on perfect rock *

* lower-offs replaced

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Chee Tor Clean Up
July 06, 2016, 12:55:54 am
Thanks for putting the effort in cleaning things Rob.  Great crag, deserves more traffic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal