UKBouldering.com

David Blaine's latest "stunt" (Read 1926 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 07:58:01 am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4964488.stm

Who actually believes he is really going to do this and it's not just an illusion?

The only way I will believe this twat is if I'm holding the back of his head. And I would find it hard to let go at the nine minute mark.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 08:15:50 am
Shouldn't that be David Blaine - "Cupid Stunt"?

Agree totally. If he really is in that ball they should just not let him out... IMO they should stick Derrin Brown in there as well, encase the whole thing in concrete and dump it in the ocean. Houdini your way out of that one lads! :)

sasscotty

• addict
#2 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 08:46:49 am
haha i was watching the news last night and i saw him in that ball and his skin was peeling off.
being a magician myself i also know that it is an illusion.
im not really sure why he srill calls himself a magician hes more of a stunt man now.
but keep up the crap work blainey boy.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#3 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 09:36:16 am
I was in the states just after the box above the thames stunt and the yanks I was with were pissing themselves at the shit the brits were dealing out! They particularly liked the remote controlled model helicopter with the hamburger on a piece of string hovering above the box. Problem is we all see the yanks as the whooping bafoons you see on tv

SA Chris

• forum hero

dave

#5 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 05:20:41 pm
what i don't get is he's a very good close-up magician, sleight of hand, street magic and all that is class. But why bother with all this shit? I'm more impressed when he makes someone think he's levitating than when he's sitting in a perspex box - a "litteral mime" if you will. You woulnd't catch paul daniels stooping to these depths.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 05:40:16 pm
Still at the end of the day there's no such thing as negative publicity. Altho we all think he's an utter James Blunt we're all talking about him. What a twat!:)

sasscotty

• addict
#7 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 09, 2006, 07:07:51 pm
I couldnt have put it better dave. :D

SA Chris

• forum hero
#8 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 10, 2006, 08:37:25 am
But why bother with all this shit?

I'd go for a serious case of Messiah Complex

Suffering for his fans etc.........

chappers

• forum hero
#9 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 10, 2006, 02:25:37 pm
i was just chatting about this, we came to the conclusion that this joker should have taken it on the chin like houdini.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#10 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 10, 2006, 02:40:19 pm
I was under the impression that Houdini took it on the stomach several times.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#11 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 16, 2006, 05:08:28 pm
How dare you cast aspersions about the late, great Houdini, "taking it on the stomach"!

Houdini did not die by a savage blow to the stomach - atleast not strictly speaking.  Houdini was suffering from appendicitis @ the time of the fatal blow to the gut; his party trick was to offer to refund the price of admission to his show to any man that could knock him down with one blow to the abs...

...daft twit.

And in the words of Animal-Mother:   "All David Blaines must fuckin' die!"

Little Paul

• addict
#12 David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 16, 2006, 08:25:27 pm
I really don't understand how they would fake something like this, could someone please explain to me how this would be possible?

Thank You all :)

LP

Pemb

• regular
  • probably injured
    • Longest Mile Records
#13 Re: David Blaine's latest "stunt"
May 16, 2006, 08:58:17 pm
I didn't actually see it but he probably managed to somehow breathe in some pure oxygen before holding his breath. People have been able to hold their breath for up to 15 minutes using this method so 9 minutes is probably quite realistic. I notice he didn't have any officials there to validate this record.

For his stunt in London he probably had glucose in his water. Some bloke I used to work with got dumped by his girlfriend and only drank fizzy drinks for two weeks and he was fine.

Not a big fan of Blaine. He does the odd good trick but most of his closeup stuff can be done by any half-decent magician and can be bought at any magic shop. He just tries to make magic a bit cooler.

Haven't been impressed by any of his big stunts, especially that one where he just lay in a box for a week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal