UKBouldering.com

Bouldering in the lakes (Read 1381 times)

yoda

• regular
Bouldering in the lakes
May 01, 2006, 11:48:18 pm
Visited Carrock Fell this weekend and have to admit I thought it was a quality venue despite the gabbro ?,Ive been equally impressed with St Bees, is there anywhere else in the Lakes that you guys would reccomend??

Greg C

• forum hero
#1 Re: Bouldering in the lakes
May 02, 2006, 01:03:45 pm
Well if you want a good concentration of problems that pack a punch you can't beat the Bowderstone.
Sampson's Stones (Eskdale) are also very good although they do involve a fair walk-in, and there's the obvious but still very good Langdale boulders...

Mick Ryan

• addict
#2 Re: Bouldering in the lakes
May 02, 2006, 05:19:27 pm
Hi

I'm a moderate boulderer. Not really after hard stuff. I like independent lines, lots of them and all in beautiful surroundings. Not really bothered about the walk in. Grade range.....V0 to V5 with the odd or even harder one.

Could you recommend some venues in the Lakes that fullfill this criteria Greg please.

Mick

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#3 Re: Bouldering in the lakes
May 02, 2006, 08:13:48 pm
Hi

I'm an alcoholic.  I'm really after the hard stuff.  I like cocaine lines, lots of them and all on beautiful women.  Not really bothered about the chip-in.  Price range.....$0 to $500 with the Horse or even harder one.

Could you recommend some gin palaces in the Lakes that fulfill this criteria?  Grog please!

Hick...

Hick...

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#4 Re: Bouldering in the lakes
May 03, 2006, 12:11:33 am
don't know of anyone running coke at the mo but I've got plenty of smack around my place, so come round any time you wanna shoot up and get off your tits.

Claire

• regular
#5 Re: Bouldering in the lakes
May 11, 2006, 03:48:13 am
I really like Thorn Crag. really beutiful place and the lines are pretty good. Bit of an uphill slog to get there though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal