UKBouldering.com

baby boulders (Read 7631 times)

webbo

• forum hero
#25 baby boulders
April 10, 2006, 11:00:54 am
no its not just you,but i felt i was possibly too old to cast the first stone.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#26 baby boulders
April 10, 2006, 11:06:50 am
I think its kind of a duty to educate

Maybe he can only type with his/her thumbs

sasscotty

• addict
#27 baby boulders
April 11, 2006, 10:01:16 am
what are you on about annoying?????

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#28 baby boulders
April 11, 2006, 10:54:46 am
I tink they want you to calm down wiv da street lingo dude!!!!!!1111!!!!!

specially when in dialogue with a veteran

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#29 baby boulders
April 11, 2006, 11:06:00 am
[/url]
[/img]
got a flyer through from the council for their opening day next weekend - just what is lucy up to?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#30 Re: baby boulders
April 22, 2006, 01:12:22 am

on a different note the local residents would love climbers to come down to an open day on the 23rd april - i'll be hoping to add some font style colour dots to any good problems we can set, and would love to mark up some harder stuff

Hey, so I guess this is later today then... Might be down there in the morning if the weather is nice, as it looks like my regular bouldering partners (and transport) are all going to be out of town. ;)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#31 Re: baby boulders
April 22, 2006, 11:11:35 pm
Got the dates mixed up, the opening cermemony is going to be on sunday, with the mayor and everything...

Anyway, went today and was very impressed. It's a nice friendly setting, there are some benches and the spongy landing is great.

And the boulder is very good too. Lots of interesting shapes, definitely potential for some hard eliminates. The texture is odd - feels rough but was abrasive more on the palms than the fingers. Seems to work quite well.

Met the treasurer for the area group or something, and he was talking about how they wanted to make the boulder harder than others in sheffield (apparently there are 6) to encourage an adult presence, partially for safety (not sure whether he meant climbing safety or park safety though). Well, I reckon I might use it now and then, though to really encourge keen climbers, I reckon any future boulders need to have a properly steep wall that can be used as a training facility - lots of pinches and slopers. But having said that, with a bit of imagination this one would be pretty good. Definitely marking up problems is a good idea.

Can't come to the open day tomorrow unfortunately, which is a shame as I made up some good problems. The sidewards dyno from the large horizonal slot/pocket in the middle of the pub-side face to the big pocket up and right is a goer though... didn't manage to stick it, but it's definitely possible.

I've rambled. what I really meant to say was: Nice boulder Al. Good work. Saw lots of people enjoying it, which is what it's all about.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 11:13:08 pm by r-man »

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#32 Re: baby boulders
April 23, 2006, 06:44:42 pm
glad you like r-man, had a nice day today with loads of kids swarming all over, a live band, a mayor (with bling), and some homemade pies  :)
i'll colour up some problems in the next few weeks (was too hectic today)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 06:50:33 pm by al »

Bowie

• addict
#33 Re: baby boulders
April 24, 2006, 08:32:40 am
Hi al - great evening there last night - thanks for the hard work.
some great problems to go!
kids were running round and up and down all over it, and some people looking up at it going what the fck and then having a go.
cheers
a

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal