UKBouldering.com

The Rib - Burbage South (Read 1904 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
The Rib - Burbage South
April 20, 2006, 10:55:49 am
What's the deal with the big foot ledge on the left? Seems a bit eliminate without it, but the guide mentions tenuous climbing, which you don't get if you use the ledge. Using the ledge, it's still quite a good problem with a hard move coming back on to the face and making the big slap for the top (which the guide does mention), so it's all a bit confusing...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: The Rib - Burbage South
April 20, 2006, 11:09:31 am
 Have done it both ways, both seemed about the same sequence and difficulty to me. But I imagine it might be possible to contrive copout sequences involving said foothold if you looked hard enough. But that would be defeating the object/ avoiding the challenge of the line, no?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#2 Re: The Rib - Burbage South
April 20, 2006, 11:38:22 am
The top move is where the fun is, I reckon. The rock to the left stops you rocking onto the ledge completely, though didn't try too hard (like you say, would be a shame to ruin the problem).

It looked like it would be much harder without the ledge, but hey, maybe it isn't. Cheers for clearing that up -  I really hate ambiguous descriptions and being confused about what the challenge is. Luckily there aren't many in Ru's guide.

dave

#3 Re: The Rib - Burbage South
April 20, 2006, 04:47:10 pm
only bummers would not use the ledge.

luckily some of us can step onto it from the floor.....not that it makes the crux any easier mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal