UKBouldering.com

Grit route/highball Last Great Problems.... (Read 82140 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
That's a very lovely photograph.

cofe

• forum hero
kim said font 6c after initially saying 6b. i'd be cautious with those grades as he's very good at that kind of thing.

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
I really like the spotting team uniform. Did they have name badges on?

I think bouldering needs a professional approach like that from more people.

Tim

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Do they change clothes each time someone has an attempt so as to signify the "designated climber"? Whatever I agree that it's to be applauded.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Indeed it is a lovely photograph (Kim holds himself beautifully on rock  :bow:).

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
You guys have been watching too much Life Aquatic.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
thats a dynamite film which i need to watch again.

where is his problem, highball thing?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
For those who haven't seen this on the Yellowslacks thread. 'Miles's Project' at Ravenstones, I get the impression it's an open project.

Certainly seems to fit the bill for this thread!
Saw this last week on a bike ride with my son, looks amazing. Has it been done yet?

mark20

• junky
Chalked line a mere E6ish thing I think, must go back and finish it.
But the blank arete to the right, climbed on the left hand side, look very hard indeed. Slightly 'worse than square cut', vertical, perfect hard quarried grit, with no edges to hold the barndoor and not much in the way of smears for the feet either. There is a hold to aim for at the top. With the rocky landing jigged about a bit, and a pile of pads it wouldn't be death but very high. E9 7a/b if possible? If only I could remember where it was... :whistle:

andy popp

• forum hero
Lovely!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
An actual hold?! How previous-generation... ;)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Some closer pics of The Warp Project if anyone needs it. Sheffside massive pull your skinny fingers out.

Landing might need a bit of "creativity"....good jug rail on the right to start, and then...... :-\

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Where’s that Fiend?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
It's the thing on the separate buttress below Ravenstones, Chew Valley, that's quote a few posts up by Jim. Aka too hard for Miles Gibson  :-\

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Yeah, but what’s he done on grit?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Quite a few unrepeated things at major crags  :yes:

SamT

• forum hero
Thread resurrection.

Was out for a walk last night and walked passed that big slab/arete at the LHS of Millstone.

Looked flippin amazing in the evening sun last night.

Has it been done yet? It seems to have holds and everything.  I know its been looked at by the great and the good.  But then I'd have thought the next gen super wads, Ned/Jim etc would have had a pop too.   

Is it just actually impossible?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 09:29:10 am by SamT »

Liamhutch89

• forum hero
Some closer pics of The Warp Project if anyone needs it. Sheffside massive pull your skinny fingers out.

I wouldn't mind having a look at this if anyone else was interested.

edshakey

• forum abuser
Thread resurrection.

Was out for a walk last night and walked passed that big slab/arete at the LHS of Millstone.

Looked flippin amazing in the evening sun last night.

Has it been done yet? It seems to have holds and everything.  I know its been looked at by the great and the good.  But then I'd have thought the next gen super wads, Ned/Jim etc would have had a pop too.   

Is it just actually impossible?

Is there a picture of this? I can't really remember if I've seen it or not, but it sounds stunning

nik at work

• forum hero
It’s very obvious as you drive up Ringinglow road, at the far end of Millstone set slightly lower than the rest of the quarry.
Arête definitely goes, the face is very very blank…

andy moles

• forum abuser
In an act detached from any measure of realism, I abseiled down that once. Besides it being obviously far far too hard for me, I remember thinking the rock wasn't especially pleasant, maybe that's why it's not been done? Then again...

JamieG

• forum hero
Has anyone tried the tank dyno at wimberry in the last few years (decades?). Looks pretty doable but clearly it’s not that easy. As I understand it’s staying on the top hold rather than the distance which is the challenge. But I may be wrong. I honestly don’t remember ever hearing of someone actually properly trying it. It just seems to have been a project forever.

Bradders

• forum hero
Has anyone tried the tank dyno at wimberry in the last few years (decades?). Looks pretty doable but clearly it’s not that easy. As I understand it’s staying on the top hold rather than the distance which is the challenge. But I may be wrong. I honestly don’t remember ever hearing of someone actually properly trying it. It just seems to have been a project forever.

Didn't Will Atkinson do that ages ago?

JamieG

• forum hero

Didn't Will Atkinson do that ages ago?

I’ve no idea! Did he?

Tom de Gay

• menacing presence
The Millstone arete is an excellent line on some of the best quarried grit there is. Feels like it should be possible with some lateral thinking on sequence. The arete is sharp, but there's nothing very helpful on the face. Since there is nothing to pull on, being strong might not help much. And it is quite high.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal