UKBouldering.com

Holeeedays (Read 3241 times)

saltbeef

• forum hero
Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 09:36:48 am
So then, chattering internet masses, I finish medicine in the summer and have a bit of time before i start work to go climbing. was thinking possibly squamish for a few weeks in July. i know some of you have been, dense hates it. Is there a good scene? would i need to organise some sort of car? Any other good summer venues anyone could reccomend? I've been to oz and rocklands so not so psyched to head back there yet.
thanks for the knowledge in advance...

Terrace Ghost

• player
#1 Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 10:00:29 am
i thought you were off to magic wood

i think me and at least Sugden will be there for a week from about the 23/24 June

now get back to those books

saltbeef

• forum hero
#2 Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 10:59:40 am
well, gonna do that too! my plan so far is japan avec lauren, magic wood, then who knows...  oh and i might go to val di mello for a week after my exams, before hous officer shadowing.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 11:35:04 am
whens you start work? I'm in a similar position, 'cept my professional life doesn't start till next year.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4 Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 01:12:51 pm
Cripes.... Doctors, Lawyers.... all we need is a dentist and we can have a dinner party.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#5 Re: Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Quote from: "saltbeef"
was thinking possibly squamish for a few weeks in July. i know some of you have been, dense hates it.
I wouldn't let that put you off. Dense hates most things/places :shock: , if you avoided all of them you wouldn't get much done.
Is there a good scene? would i need to organise some sort of car?
If you plan on camping the main campsite is at the main carpark for the Chief from which you walk to all the main bouldering/climbing areas.  So you wouldn't need a car all the time. It would be useful mainly to get to town, about a 30min walk along a very busy/dangerous road for beer/food/gear etc. There isn't much at the campsite, facilitites are pretty basic. Also there are a some outlying areas like the Smoke Bluffs which is a short walk from town across the other side of the main road. You'll be able to get a bus from Vancover to Whistler, you can probably get them to drop you at the main Chief parking area.

saltbeef

• forum hero
#6 Holeeedays
April 12, 2006, 02:55:40 pm
Quote from: "Ru"
whens you start work? I'm in a similar position, 'cept my professional life doesn't start till next year.
I start sometime early august. will pm you my hols dates when i get home from library tonight. what did you do to the finger campusing on mono's?
cheers for the info obi-wan... lots to mull over.

AndyR

• forum hero
#7 Re: Holeeedays
April 13, 2006, 04:55:41 am
So then, chattering internet masses, I finish medicine in the summer and have a bit of time before i start work to go climbing. was thinking possibly squamish for a few weeks in July. i know some of you have been, dense hates it. Is there a good scene? would i need to organise some sort of car?

I haven't been out there yet, mainly due to being too busy boarding ( :D ) and trying to buy a house ( :cry: )
Word on the street is that there's been loads of new development, even since the bouldering guide was written.
Don't know about the scene yet, but I'll probably pop up there this weekend.
Public transport is pretty good here, so imagine you'd be able to get to squamish pretty easily from the couve.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#8 Holeeedays
April 13, 2006, 06:20:40 am
when you off to magic wood salty?

saltbeef

• forum hero
#9 Holeeedays
April 13, 2006, 10:17:03 am
well... nothing is set in stone yet, but i'll give ya a call over weekend, i'm basically putting feelers out for people who are keen to crank really. i realise that this time next year i'll be working like a dog and being told when i can have my weeks holiday.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#10 Holeeedays
April 13, 2006, 12:06:43 pm
Quote from: "Falling Down"
Cripes.... Doctors, Lawyers.... all we need is a dentist and we can have a dinner party.

no, you really need a drug dealer before you can have a dinner party...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal