UKBouldering.com

Marilyn Monroe Topout (Read 1481 times)

LL55

• player
  • Shelly Hocknell is weapon
Marilyn Monroe Topout
July 27, 2006, 10:29:12 am
Anyone got beta for the topout on this? Starting on the shelf, I cross to the juggy roof hold with my left, then cross out with my right to the sloper, then pull to to top. I've tried topping it a few ways, but am getting a bit frustrated as its such a nice problem. Do I just need to slap up to the decent edge on the sloper on top of the boulder and pull hard? Or is there something I completely missed? :wall:

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: Marilyn Monroe Topout
July 27, 2006, 12:16:43 pm
Get to the lip holds (via the pocket with the righthand I reckon), put your right foot on the good edge down and right (on the arete bit on BB) then go up and right to the better slopers.   From there, start mantelling up until you can reach an edge over on the top "slab".  Once you have this edge it is pretty simple to stand up. 

Hope that helps, but I expect it's just confusing.   :-\

LL55

• player
  • Shelly Hocknell is weapon
#2 Re: Marilyn Monroe Topout
July 27, 2006, 01:09:22 pm
Thanks, that makes perfect sense to me.

I go to the big pocket with my left, then out with my right to the sloper, then static to the lip. I was getting the good part of the distant slopers with my right, but it didn't feel quite right, I'll just have to pull harder now I know its the right way.

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: Marilyn Monroe Topout
July 27, 2006, 01:40:58 pm
Yeah, the best bit of the top sloper/lip is a kinda corner that's best to cup at first, then when you're established you can move a few inches further right.  If I remember rightly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal