UKBouldering.com

China In Your Hands (Read 2565 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
China In Your Hands
April 05, 2006, 12:31:57 am
Had a play on this problem today. Brilliant fun. Did the spin a couple of times (has to be one of the best moves around) then got matched on the crimp and got a bit confused. Looks like some foot movement is necessary, but haven't managed to figure it out yet. What does everyone else do at this point?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 12:41:18 pm
no one else has done it, maybe el mocho? however you crimp like an idiot move a foot up onto nothing and go for the top. it was a dream he had

r-man

• forum hero
#2 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 12:59:51 pm
No-one else has done it? Are you serious? Hung around on that crimp for ages, shuffling feet around rather incompetently. Surely this move can't be that hard if you know what you are doing...especially if you are stronger than me (ie. many many people)? The next pocket looks good anyway.

Where's JB when you need him...

Scouse D

• forum hero
#3 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 01:01:13 pm
Is it the same finish as for barry sheen? If so I've got a video of Steve "the enigma" Royle doing it on my phone (Yes Dense I know he's not your enigma but he's still the enigma), which I am looking at now.
He got matched then RH pop to good hold up and right(minimal footwork); LH up to shallow 2 finger pocket;scrabble feet; sack off the feet; slap top with RH; scrabble feet; sack feet off; slap LH; slap RH; Slide LH and RH; slap LH +RH faster than slide LH +RH; Repeat;repeat again; done.

r-man

• forum hero
#4 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 01:13:09 pm
Oh dear, that sounds like a strong persons sequence...  :lol:

Can't think what the good hold up and right is (if not pocket). Is it the sloper that extends right from the crimp? Also, that's a worrying amount of slapping at the top. I was hoping it would be over once you got the pocket.  :oops:

Scouse D

• forum hero
#5 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 01:19:12 pm
Good hold up and right is a wide finger edge- have a look from the top, it's surprisingly good.
Don't worry about steve's top out beta- he's ignorant when it comes to subtlety. I think the hard part is getting the good hold from the crimp.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#6 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 02:18:57 pm
Word y'all, at work but on line. You've done the crux landing the spin and getting the crimp. I remember topping out being pretty trivial, summat to do with a poor smear and a pocket. Loads of use I know...

Scouse D

• forum hero
#7 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 02:53:22 pm
What Johnny meant to say was

Quote from: "Johnny Brown"
Word y'all, at work but on line. You've done the crux landing the spin and getting the crimp. I remember topping out being pretty trivial, summat to do with a getting matched then RH pop to good hold up and right(minimal footwork); LH up to shallow 2 finger pocket;scrabble feet; sack off the feet; slap top with RH; scrabble feet; sack feet off; slap LH; slap RH; Slide LH and RH; slap LH +RH faster than slide LH +RH; Repeat;repeat again; done.. Loads of use I know...

r-man

• forum hero
#8 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 04:08:36 pm
Ok, cheers guys. Will go and have look again and hope I can still do the spin. I did think it would be reasonable if I could work out what to do with my feet, but spent too long faffing and eventually jumped off with numb fingers from crimping for so long...

dave

#9 China In Your Hands
April 07, 2006, 05:12:22 pm
worth noting that when steve did bazzer sheen the wall was green as a frog's cunt and coupled with steve's unique brand of footwork it did look a bit tricky to top out. for example he pissed the start several times but fell off trying to top out to comedy effect umpteen times. If you drop on it in slightly less flourescent nick and have have footwork better than Ironside then it might be more straightforward.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal