UKBouldering.com

Mostly 'armless (Read 1670 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Mostly 'armless
May 02, 2003, 12:28:55 pm
Saw this on CT

http://www.health24.co.za/news.asp?action=art&SubContentTypeId=58&ContentID=22057

What a nightmare - I like the handy tips at the bottom of the page, bet he wishes now he had some cooking oil to hand.

dave

#1 Mostly 'armless
May 02, 2003, 12:38:58 pm
Saw summert similar on t'telly a bit since. Some bloke was out on his fishing boat on his own one day when a bad storm came in. Whilst winching his net in somehow his sleeve got stuck in the winch and he got thrown overboard. He started to get dragged under and basically if he couldn't free the arm he would have drowned, so he whipped out the ol' Victorinox and hacked his arm off at the elbow. Apparently at the time he didn't give it a second thought, it was the natural thing to do, or he'd have bought it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Mostly 'armless
May 02, 2003, 12:41:44 pm
My mum told me about a kid who got his arm stuck in a rockpool as the tide was coming in and had to do the same thing.

I really hope I never have to do anything like that, it would be most inconvenient and you'd probably need to take a couple of asprin for the pain.

dave

#3 Mostly 'armless
May 02, 2003, 12:44:31 pm
On the plus side, you could throw laps one armed dynos like its going out of fashion

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal