UKBouldering.com

Muscles or Tendons?????? (Read 1072 times)

sasscotty

• addict
Muscles or Tendons??????
March 22, 2006, 05:33:18 pm
What is the most important in terms of strength, muscles or tendons???
I recently got really bad shooting pains in my middle finger a few weeks back and went to the good old doctors and he said " youve pulled a tendon young one" . so i thought o shit !!!! i aint gonna be able to climb in ages but the problem and pain has gone within 1 week!!! is it more likely to be a muscle or tendon injury??? how do i prevent all this painful crap from happening in future?

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#1 Muscles or Tendons??????
March 23, 2006, 04:14:00 am
Ain't no muscles in underside of the finger itself, so it's tendons. If the pain is gone after a week it's probably a mild sprain, you can climb moderate difficulty problems for awhile (2-3 weeks) then on to the harder 'uns. You're lucky to be young, in a few years that sort of injury will set you back 6 weeks.

Oh, and tendons are more important, without them no amount of muscle will do you shit. It's tendons that take a long time to develop, any meat head can get strong muscles.

Me, I'm too smart for that!  :lol:

Huffy

• obsessive maniac
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/forceit
#2 Muscles or Tendons??????
March 23, 2006, 06:15:04 pm
Go see find a good physio. Shooting pains could be anything, maybe even shoulder/neck problem...impossible to say without examination

There are intrinsic muscles in the actual fingers but not the likely cause of pain either.
Jus for the record, you 'strain' a muscle/tendon and 'sprain' a ligament

Hopefully it's jus a simple a2pully/mild tendon strain and you'll recover like blunk says...(sorry for the gore!)

sasscotty

• addict
#3 thanks
March 23, 2006, 09:06:38 pm
thanks alot guys if i get any further pain ill go see sumbody who knows what they are on about lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal