UKBouldering.com

Happy campus n something at burbage (Read 1894 times)

Banana finger

• addict
  • daft lad
Happy campus n something at burbage
March 08, 2006, 03:04:41 pm
Hello, does anyone know what that problem is in the alcove just left of the remergance bloc? It involves a big span/jump from a jug to a slopey crimp in the break, a quick match in the break n then a reach up to jugs in the upper break. Felt about 7a+, but im pretty rubbish at that sort of climbing. Good problem tho & i was pretty surprised not to find it in the bouldering bible........grade/name anyone?
  Anyone one tried happy campus recently by the way? Theres a festering dead sheep right under it, i was absolutely devestated, couldnt stand the smell long enough to even feel the holds :cry: !! .........does anyone own a large spade & a gas mask?

saltbeef

• forum hero
#1 Happy campus n something at burbage
March 08, 2006, 03:16:13 pm
small is beautiful. old school e3 6c. exciting at the top. great problem though.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#2 Happy campus n something at burbage
March 08, 2006, 03:42:55 pm
Word Small is Beautiful is a well good problem. Topping out is nicely gripping. Think it warrants font 7a.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#3 Happy campus n something at burbage
March 09, 2006, 12:28:53 pm
Its been years since I climbed that prob.. Nice to rember those spring days with nowt but a beer mat to wipe my Ninjas, cycling up ringinglow road, etc etc. yawn. Hmmmmph where was I?

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#4 Happy campus n something at burbage
March 13, 2006, 01:01:12 pm
Banana finger wrote-

Has anyone tried the Happy Campus recently? There's a festering dead sheep right under it. I was absolutely devestated...

Gutting! I always find the live ones much better for cleaning your shoes and make for a better landing if you can get the f¤¤¤ers to stand still. Also better companions those cold lonely nights when you're bivvying near the rock - but enough said about that!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal