UKBouldering.com

The Terrace (Read 2926 times)

Duma

• forum hero
The Terrace
December 21, 2006, 06:26:55 am
Right, have actually done all the moves on this, but wanted to check some things out...

Pulling on: I've got a sloping ripple for LH, undercut RH, LF heelhook round arete, RF paste low. Pull on, slap LH up to pock. This feels desperate, only managed it once in isolation, am I on the right track?

Move from pock to slot: I'm putting my LF heel on the starting hold for my LH, but all the pics I've seen show folk using the higher heelhook - didn't seem to work for me, just need to put more faith in it? (not as bothered about this move, repeated it several times using my foothold so think the prob will go this way)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1 Re: The Terrace
December 21, 2006, 06:37:14 am
Are you really tall?
cos it sound like your starting 1 move in from everyone else. (not that it matters as long as your sitstarting)

Duma

• forum hero
#2 Re: The Terrace
December 21, 2006, 06:47:43 am
5' 9"  - no.

certainly not starting very high - bum firmly on floor, though the LF is fairly high. Where do you pull on?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#3 Re: The Terrace
December 21, 2006, 07:04:31 am
ok then go right hand first into higher undercut/sidepull before going into pock

monkey boy

• forum hero
#4 Re: The Terrace
December 21, 2006, 10:58:33 am
you can do either way although i have never seen anyone go right hand up first until watching winter sessions. I do it just like you described duma just keep trying and you will get it!
Good luck 

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#5 Re: The Terrace
December 21, 2006, 11:19:37 am
Alreet Monkey Lad,

You're right with your beta for the start being desperate, an easier sequence is what Jim said and go again with your RH to a higher right undercut, you have to paste your right foot quite far left so you're almost laybacking for this to work. From this position kick your right leg out off the smear to flag and throw your left hand off the ripple to the pocket. Move your right foot through just below your left heal and throw out to the crimp rail. Bounce your feet up and get that heal hook on to reach for the jug, i then bring my right foot through onto something and reach for the top.

Wait for some uber cold conditions and it'll feel stacks easier. Good luck with it!

J.

Duma

• forum hero
#6 Re: The Terrace
December 22, 2006, 12:56:13 am
cheers all - having posted this, was woken from sleeping off the night shift by the postie delivering winter sessions - so well psyched now (though severely sleep deprived, its gonna be a long shift tonight)!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal