UKBouldering.com

foreign beasts on the grit (Read 2166 times)

gertrude

foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 03:32:26 pm
does anyone else wana see some wads such as sharma and graham come and try some waddagely hard problems on british gritstone?

i'd be very interested to see the outcome.  i mean, have they ever climbed on grit?  maybe they'd be shit? (probably not)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 03:36:00 pm
im coming first weekend of march!!! :wink:

andy_e

• forum hero
#2 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 03:41:50 pm
Yeah, sharma may be good, but what's he ever done on grit? It would be interesting at least, Lisa Rands took to it...

LongMonkey

• player
#3 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 04:41:02 pm
Dave Graham is a bit of a crimp master. I wonder how he'd fair on total splopeage? He's been to Font x amount of times and put up Big Dragon at 8a+ so I guess he's no slouch.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 05:31:20 pm
The opposite proposition could be pretty intriguing too: there are some match-ups of UK beasts and foreign venues I would quite like to see.  

Hell, perhaps kidnapping should be legalised in certain "pressing" circumstances.  A shipping-crate is parachuted from the back of a low flying Hercules.  It hits the ground with a dusty thud, the door creaks open, and a disorientated John Gaskins and Malc Smith stagger outwards.  A mysterious, cloaked, cat-stroking individual raises a bony finger and points at a nearby boulder.  In a voice as cold as the grave he intones "Witness the Fitness.... or else".  

With a video camera and enough resources, determination and lack of any moral sense you could have a bouldering equivalent of Quantum Leap or The Time Tunnel!

dave

#5 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 06:15:00 pm
sharma has been in the peak before, probably a few times. I know he's done deliverance for a kick off, so he can't be shit.

irish si

• menacing presence
#6 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 06:25:43 pm
if my knowledge is correct sharma failed on brad pit, though lets be honest it was probably soaking wet or something, he could obviouslt piss it.

Dave is a monster on slopers and crimps alike, he has climbed 8B on most rock types, some in a few trys.  he doesnt really fail on much anymore, and considering what he has done in usa in this trip, things that he couldnt do before/didnt try, which he now does in a few tries, the things he has done in switz are gonna be so fucking hard.

He would piss everything on grit.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#7 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 07:18:30 pm
It was ages ago when sharma came to the grit. As far as i know he only had one day at the plantation whilst competing in the fibo. He did a few things, like flashing the green traverse footless with his usual footwork. He can't really be slagged off for failing on brad pit as it was unrepeated and still considered 8b. Le Menestrel had yet to make his eye-opening visit. Credit to chris though, i do remember his first instinct was to flail around upside down with his heel by his hands.
Also gave Jason Kehl the tour, plus the roctrip etc. Still be good to see DG over here though

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#8 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 10:16:49 pm
Quote from: "dave"
sharma has been in the peak before, probably a few times. I know he's done deliverance for a kick off, so he can't be shit.

did he use the crack?

dave

#9 foreign beasts on the grit
February 21, 2006, 11:00:19 pm
Quote from: "irish si"
Dave is a monster on slopers and crimps alike, he has climbed 8B on most rock types, some in a few trys.

my ears are burning.

irish si

• menacing presence
#10 foreign beasts on the grit
February 22, 2006, 10:13:14 am
ha ha we both wish dave

dave

#11 foreign beasts on the grit
February 22, 2006, 04:55:57 pm
true - i'm only a monster on crimps.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#12 foreign beasts on the grit
February 22, 2006, 05:16:11 pm
true - i'm only a monster on reaches.

tobym

• menacing presence
#13 foreign beasts on the grit
February 22, 2006, 05:48:49 pm
Quote from: "tommytwotone"

did he use the crack?

nah, think he smoked the weed :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal