UKBouldering.com

Insurance scamming bastards (Read 1507 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Insurance scamming bastards
April 28, 2003, 12:01:42 pm
Why is it that i get quoted from my old insurance firm £450 to renew my policy, yet every other quote is under this AND when quoted by my old insurers with exactly the same details theyre quoting £270?
So the deal is that old customers get shafted cos they cant be bothered to look round!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Insurance scamming bastards
April 28, 2003, 12:05:02 pm
A lot of people will just renew to save the hassle of ringing round so they like to tempt you in cheap for year one, then screw you afterwards.

That's how those "buy now, don't pay anything for 6 months" deals work. They're fine so long as you pay the balance as soon as the 6 months is up, but otherwise you get stung with draconian interest rates. Apparantly, a vast percentage of people just forget about the date, so get screwed that way.

dave

#2 Insurance scamming bastards
April 28, 2003, 12:09:47 pm
I'd just say to your existing insurance "look if you wanna keep my business you're gonna have to do better then that", and if they don't comply you can always pull out your nine and lay them busters down.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Insurance scamming bastards
April 28, 2003, 12:13:45 pm
Also, many insurance co's have clauses where they will automatically renew your policy if you don't contact them. Their argument is that it stops you suddenly finding yourself without cover if you forget the renewal date, but then once they've renewed you at their nice new spanky rate. Is this  really for our benefit or theirs?I wonder....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal