UKBouldering.com

Feel Good, No Mercy... (Read 2168 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Feel Good, No Mercy...
February 11, 2006, 11:58:07 am
I have scored two weeks off work :D .  Firstly, what does Feel Good get now (original campus method), and also, knowledge on No Mercy would be usefull (ie sit down or standing start?) plus grade.  Also, has the traverse from the top of Feel Good to the left arete top out (no mercy) been done?

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Feel Good, No Mercy...
February 11, 2006, 12:05:30 pm
Feel Good is 7c+ what ever method you use, campus or static. No Mercy has come down in grade since the guide - now thought to be 7b+, standing start, straight up the arete. The traverse leftwards from feel good is Autimn, 7b+, don't know if anyones extended it all the way to the arete, but Autumn exits only a foot or two right of the arete anyway, so I doubt that adding one move left would increase the grade or be worthwhile. (Originally, No Mercy was done by jumping from the arete to finish up the crimps on Autumn to give you an idea of how close the two are together).

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#2 Feel Good, No Mercy...
February 11, 2006, 12:44:04 pm
Thanks Ru - very conscise!  I haven't been up for a while, and really couldn't remeber the scale of the face at all.  Do you think the arete would go from a sitter, and more importantly - would it benefit from one?

dave

#3 Feel Good, No Mercy...
February 12, 2006, 07:47:07 pm
wasn't there something about when jerry first did autum he traversed all the way left to the top of the arete to top it out on better holds anyway?

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#4 Feel Good, No Mercy...
February 13, 2006, 05:46:20 pm
wasn't there something about when jerry first did autum he traversed all the way left to the top of the arete to top it out on better holds anyway?

this is true dave

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal