UKBouldering.com

BOCK (Read 6590 times)

saltbeef

• forum hero
BOCK
January 25, 2006, 09:11:00 pm
just loked at 8a.nu. what's with this guy? Does he feel he's the only person who's allowed to climb hard in the Frankenjura.

Terrace Ghost

• player
#1 BOCK
January 25, 2006, 09:48:42 pm
just german

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 BOCK
January 25, 2006, 09:51:09 pm
Comments are worth reading. There does seem to be a lot of mistrust at the minute thats for sure.
Has anything ever been revealed about ascents like this one after accusations have been made?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 BOCK
January 25, 2006, 11:49:26 pm
where is this interview on 8a?

jonas

• regular
  • gajin
    • Tusen tranor
#4 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 05:07:15 am
Cry wolf, comes to mind.

For those who are interested, Markus Bock gives his reasons for doubting several of Stefanek's ascents on
http://www.boulderrausch.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1697

It's hard for me to read the colloquial style of german used on that internet-forum (pretty far from the style of German I learned in school, and, honestly, the subject is not that intresting perhaps). Stefanek's reply is in english though.

The main point seems to be about 21 times the pain. Bock says Stefanek was not there at all on the day of his (claimed) ascent, Stefanek says he was. As far as I understand, one of them pretty much has to lie.

Stefanek seems to take it very much in stride though, judging from his answer. I have some vague recollection that some of his ascents in the Czech republic were doubted a couple of years back. That time he replied by putting out unedited videos of some of his hardest routes and boulders on the internet. Or I am mixing him up with some other central-european guy?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 08:55:40 am
where are bocks comments on 8a?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#6 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 08:57:44 am
They're not. Reference is made to his scepticism if you look at the global home page.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#7 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 09:03:27 am
wtf is a global home page? i'm just a simple man. can you put the link up for me bonus joyus?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#8 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 09:26:03 am
http://www.8a.nu/site2/
According to Boulderrausch both Rosta Stefanek and Markus Bock has repeated Fabian Christof's Forget about life for a while, 8B+, in the Frankenjura. Markus used a new sequence which, according to him, makes the problem slightly easier.
On Boulderrausch's forum, Bock says he's sceptical towards Rosta's ascent.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#9 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 09:43:06 am
glad you posted it cos i still can't find it. read boulderrasch before when directed by jonas. i can't do anything for myself. perhaps (woz) can translate this page, so i have something to do when i get back.

i have also noted over the years that friends find a slightly easier sequence, rather than saying are you out of your mind.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
#10 BOCK
January 26, 2006, 05:22:58 pm
before people jump on the bandwagon with Bock, Liar, gaskins, Blah blah.

i can confirm Markus has absoloute proof that rosta has at least lied about 21 times the pain, the reason being was i was also their that day with Markus.
basically fabian Christof attempts 21 times the pain, me and markus head that direction and arrive at the route just as fabian is heading off for one hour to spot his bird somewhere else. me and Markus stay at the route for about an hour and when leaving the crag again pass Fabian on his way back in, after which he stayed their for another 2 hours.
when Rosta told Fabian he had climbed the route that day in question, Fabian asked when he climbed it. Rostas replys in the morning where Fabian says thats not possible since i was their between 10 and 1. Rosta replys no i was their just after you left at about 1.15. Obviously this wasnt true since Rosta was unaware that both me and Markus where at the crag at this time.

About the other stuff, im not convinced, if you lie about one route, then any other claimed ascent needs to have substantial witnesses for it to be taken seriously which Rosta cannot do, therfore shouldnt be taken seriously.

Anyway thats enough about that.

jonas

• regular
  • gajin
    • Tusen tranor
#11 BOCK
January 27, 2006, 06:34:26 am
Yup, it is troublesome. But Stefanek has been accused of lying about ascents several times before. So far he has always come out on top. (Video proof for one disputed FA, witnessed ascent of boulderproblems he was supposedly not "good enough" to climb.) But, hey, no smoke without fire. Of cource he is a lying bastard :twisted:

Who was belaying? Or was it solo? :P

obbi

• http://www.boulderrausch.de
#12 BOCK
January 27, 2006, 08:10:35 am
Quote from: "jonas"

Who was belaying? Or was it solo? :P

hi

his daddy was belaying him.
I met rosta after its ascend in the afternoon. he told me, that he climbed 21 time. but the tour over a period of 3 years has tried.

I was personal show, as rosta the trav "no use for a name" 8a+/b in the second try could climb. this boulder was opened by fabian christof

webmaster@boulderrausch.de

Dave Westlake

• menacing presence
#13 BOCK
January 27, 2006, 05:38:49 pm
Anyone who dares to question the claims of Gaskins is clearly both blind and jealous (has Bock seen the picture of him on violent new breed?  :shock:

jonas

• regular
  • gajin
    • Tusen tranor
#14 BOCK
January 31, 2006, 03:33:11 pm
Björn has put up a good article regarding this kerfuffle on 8a.nu

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#15 BOCK
January 31, 2006, 04:38:09 pm
What we really need is columbo on this case. its' out of hetty wainthrops league, but morse could probably give it a good go.

"Just One more Thing"

webbo

• forum hero
#16 BOCK
February 01, 2006, 07:53:30 am
Quote from: "Moo"
What we really need is columbo on this case. its' out of hetty wainthrops league, but morse could probably give it a good go.

"Just One more Thing"

i think it calls for miss marple.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#17 BOCK
February 01, 2006, 08:57:45 am
i like the case open and case closed bit. nothing bordering on reality like. common consensus seem's to be along the line's of "if he lied about this then he's lied about everything" or "i've seem him do such a thing, entirely unrelated, and that's hard so he can't be a liar".
i'm not sure it works like that

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#18 BOCK
February 01, 2006, 11:05:56 am

i know where all the fuss comes from: hes not bock, hes marco pantani!!!

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#19 BOCK
February 02, 2006, 04:52:51 pm
Nice one Nibile. You have no way of knowing this, but Bock actually looks much more like enigmatic climbing gear shyster Mo Overgrade.

Björn has put up a good article regarding this kerfuffle on 8a.nu

Is English your second language Jonas? Good use of technical terms...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal