UKBouldering.com

major cockup (Read 2344 times)

dave

major cockup
April 23, 2003, 10:46:24 am
anyone see that millionaire cheatin thing on telly? I gotta say i'm amazed the guy didn't just own up to it straight away, its was bloody obvious they were cheating, any sane jury would not have bought the "coincidental coughing" story in a 100000 years!

Waht made me laugh also was the welsh guy claiming he was innocent on the news straight after - is he related to the Iraqi Information Minister or something? :lol:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 major cockup
April 23, 2003, 11:00:31 am
I don't think the program was very well balanced - if they had played all the coughs at the correct volume, would it have seemed that blatant? Also, there was no testimony from the accused...

Having said that, he does look pretty damn guilty and seemed to be an appalling actor, grasping at straws. The "cough, no!"  one just seemed ridiculous as did the way he chose the Craig David (bo!) answer.

Also, wifey's cough seemed to be blatantly not real too.

It goes to show you though, that if they'd come up with a less blatant method of cheating and chosen somebody who wasn't such a crap actor, then they might have got away with it. I'm sure as well, if you used some crafty electronics, you could come up with something that would let you recieve a 1 to 4 signal, and would get through the searches....

chris

• menacing presence
#2 major cockup
April 23, 2003, 11:13:32 am
that major was an absolute joker. he didin't know any of the answers, what was he playin at. when his wife coughed the game was up 4 sure. he shouldn't have been so greedy and quit at 125,000. crazy fool :shock:  :shock:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 major cockup
April 23, 2003, 11:23:15 am
I think they were originally gonna stop at £125k as you say but for whatever reason carried on. You could see wifey rolling her eyes when he did.

Much too obvious! Plus, as Chris said you would surely have placed someone in the chair who at least had half a brain, I mean, that Major would have struggled to get to £8,000.

Chris Moyles on R1 last night on the way home was alleging that there was also supposed to be a phone link that Tecwit had, but nothing got mentioned on the program? Tecwit was on after the Major and got nowt by all accounts, therefore he must have been thick and how could have known all the majors answers without outside assistance????

chris

• menacing presence
#4 major cockup
April 23, 2003, 03:55:13 pm
dobbin your right, that guys wife was a loon, she went apeshit after the show as well: bollocked the major......why would you bollock your husband 4 winning a million squid. you wouldn't would you. she looked fucking evil too. scary :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 major cockup
May 02, 2003, 01:59:11 pm
Oops,

Bet his army career prospects are just spanky fantastic  now.

Insurance companies are starting to link claim history these days so lying about past claims is a bad idea.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal