January 20, 2006, 03:19:41 pm
wish I ould go some were Im been working my arse off and getting fat

Yossarian

• forum hero
#51 I've just been to...
January 20, 2006, 04:01:28 pm
Quote from: "neil@canaryclimbs"
wish I ould go some were Im been working my arse off and getting fat

i try to think of fat as a free training tool that also doubles as crash protection. it also comes in very useful when you get tired of wearing all your jeans somewhere between your waist and your knees.

Doylo

• forum hero
#52 I've just been to...
January 20, 2006, 05:49:35 pm
Quote from: "c.j.d."
Tesla- glad to see your still cranking!  I went to the Devils Gorge near Ruddlan last week - very enjoyable.  Its like a cross between Crag X and  Parisellas but not quite as large.  10 problems and a couple of sick looking problems.  Combined with the neighbouring 'Gop', this makes for a grand day out. Class V7's.

you tried the V11s at the gop Chris?

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#53 I've just been to...
January 21, 2006, 11:01:14 am
Hello young Mr Doyle. long time no see!  I don't know where the problems go at the gop, so if you have any info or a topo, that would be mucho appreciated.

Also, at Devils' Gorge - the V9 on the left - if I did the sit down to this starting on the right of the big hole and climbing into the undercut pocket, then the rounded jug where the V9 goes out left and the V7 goes out right, what would I get and have these been done?  Also, if you started on the left of the big hole (toothy limestone holds to start) has this been done - seemed savage.  Has any one done any of the moves on the drilled pocket project?  

Hopefully you know what I'm whittering on about! :?:

Doylo

• forum hero
#54 I've just been to...
January 21, 2006, 11:11:32 am
The problems have only been done from the big hole, so any sitter would be a first ascent, sounds like the thing to the left of the hole is a first ascent too. I'm not as familiar with the place as the cattells. I've PM'd you my number in case you want a guided tour for the Gop, its only ten minutes from my house. You'll like it, one move problems in a roof, POWERFUL as fuck!

Doylo

• forum hero
#55 I've just been to...
January 21, 2006, 11:18:42 am
And no the moves on the drilled project haven't been done, hopefully Gaskins won't hear about this one!

andy_e

• forum hero
#56 I've just been to...
January 21, 2006, 07:17:29 pm
Today I've been to Mother Cap (where I nearly did Conan), Stanage Far Right, the Buckstone, Burbage West and Burbage Bridge.

Robin sent the Dyno at the Buckstone, and I was chuffed to get Go West in only 4 or 5 tries!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#57 I've just been to...
January 22, 2006, 01:47:03 am
you went to 5 crags n a day? bouldering? what's go west?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#58 I've just been to...
January 22, 2006, 08:57:25 am
Go West is the nice wall just to the left of The Nose

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#59 I've just been to...
January 22, 2006, 10:22:06 am
ahh.

where did robin send the dyno to? hope it's not gone via screwfixs carriers

andy_e

• forum hero
#60 I've just been to...
January 22, 2006, 01:19:59 pm
He sent it down, homeboy!

I actually didn't see the event, as I had just topped out on the B2 groove around the corner. I did, however see the hand appear and hold the hold, and him topping out.
Andy S did the font7b lip traverse on the Huge Slab, that was also a good effort.

Here's a panorama from the top of Mother Cap (there is an error at Carl Wark, I don't know how to get rid of it):

Soxs

• player
#61 I've just been to...
January 22, 2006, 09:26:45 pm
Just out of intrest who else was at the stride/ cratcliff today? It seemed fucking packed.

Glad we got there early.....

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#62 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 12:57:40 am
Nearly 4 hours. That's how long it took me to get back to bolton from sheffield. The trains weren't running. They were in fact buses. What a load of arse.

Damn good weekend though. Lots of dynos and ting. That buckstone thingy is brilliant - such a big move, and no pulling down. Time to get back on some brownstones projects and see if I've improved. The peak is a great training venue.  :wink:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#63 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 11:37:52 am
Great to have some decent weather on a weekend, first we've had since the xmas hols!
 Saturday had a good day at RHS and cratcliffe. Did a new prob and had a good circuit round the classics. Crag was quite busy, but no crowds on the probs below the crag.
 Sunday. Set out with the intention of going to the Plantation to try and do a massive circuit, but headed south after driving through thick fog on the tops, assuming(wrongly it turns out) Stanage would be gopping wet. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise though, as we had a fine afternoon at Stanton, finally managed Brad's Wall, which has been on the ticklist for yonks.

saltbeef

• forum hero
#64 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 11:41:07 am
know the feeling. at last some reasonable weather! went to the bowderstone on sat, little damp in places. on sunday got blown around at st. bee's did headbanger, the only thing out of the wind! bloody freezing!

Stubbs

#65 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 11:57:50 am
Feeling the good weather vibe - headed to the cliff with every other climber in yorkshire on saturday, did the usual circuit before taking advantage of the warm weather to do some classic easy chuffing: bird's nest crack, traditional climb, central climb, overhanging groove and no zag, was a nice way to give my tendons a rest.

On sunday I took the rather idiotic seeming option of getting up early and heading to malham.  To my surprise, this turned out to be the best option, as i top roped free and even easier in a t shirt basking in the sun while the rest of yourkshire was covered in a pea souper - cashback!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#66 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 12:09:51 pm
Don't believe the hype Bonnos, Stanage was wack on sunday. Though the rock was suprisingly dry given the ten yard visibility, any hold with chalk on was soaking the moisture out of the air to give a paste useful for curing stomach upsets. Despite this, though I'm willing to accept it was an optical illusion accentuated by the mist, it was busier than I have EVER seen it. I sacked it quickly and went to Cratcliffe, which was ok if a bit busy.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#67 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 12:46:51 pm
Saturday was rather nice at Slipstones.  Whilst strong types were complaining about sweaty conditions I was glorying in being able to feel my hands for the first trip in months.  Knocked Sulky Little Boys (great problem) from the tick-list and did Davies Ramp (good: nicely necky).   Spent most of the rest of the day on Micro Corner, unfortunately only figuring-out the start once my left shoulder was too stuffed to take advantage of my hard-won "feel".

Sunday was a bit of a contrast.  I was fooled by those south-centric weather forecasts that promised nice weather for all England, ignoring the half of the country that was enveloped in freezing fog.  Hence spent most of the day mooching forlornly around Brimham in the clinging cold trying to force my unfeeling fingers to obey me on the usual projects (trying to yard off an numb mono on Pinky: not the best idea on reflection!).  Hey ho.... it got me out the house and set me up for cooking a damn good chicken and spinach curry.

chappers

• forum hero
#68 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 12:55:10 pm
Quote from: "Soxs"
Just out of intrest who else was at the stride/ cratcliff today? It seemed fucking packed.

err i was there, oh wait.........i was there with you.

webbo

• forum hero
#69 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 02:31:02 pm
sat drove through nice winter sunshine and flogged up the hill to crookrise only to find the majority of it piss wet.went to brimham which was in pretty good nick apart from the  odd damp patch.finally nailed the below black chipper original.i.e start with both hands on the pinch and avoiding any swings and dabs on the mat.

Soxs

• player
#70 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 06:48:54 pm
Quote from: "chappers"
Quote from: "Soxs"

err i was there, oh wait.........i was there with you.

really? I didn't notice :wink:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#71 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 07:25:09 pm
Sat went to Thorn crag which was soaked in glorious sunshine. Did nearly everything at sea view apart from the 8a. Went up to bad moon and ran out of beans very quickly (prob due to walk in) and pulled hold off Gregs new problem and cutting my wrist quite badly. Sunday - plantation which was shit so went to cratcliff with the crowds and got old cheese's new beta for bottom of t-crack which makes it 10 times easier but proceeded to continuesly fall of the top. Held undercut once but no beans to stand up with. not bad considering going to the winter ale festival the night before

(woz)

• forum abuser
#72 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 07:30:08 pm
got the first caley trip of the year in on sunday (covered in the same mist as the peak, but surprisingly dry) - did blockbuster again but failed on secret 7th. tried a new project for ages but got nowhere.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#73 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 07:32:39 pm
would have thought caley greener than kermit. was much dry/clean/climbable?

(woz)

• forum abuser
#74 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 09:16:52 pm
We climbed around the blockbuster area, and then all over the crag + had no problem with wetness/greenery - v. good friction infact. I think the roadside boulders may heve been slightly damper tho. I've personally never had a problem with caley being green as all the actual holds stay clean (chalk kills lichen i think).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal