UKBouldering.com

Green Flag (Read 2714 times)

Rice Boy

• stalker
Green Flag
November 25, 2005, 05:28:50 pm
Is Green Flag at Carl's Walk essentially an eliminate start to Lost World cos the wall further left was blank as anythting. Project? GF felt a little soft but is mega as is J Walkin.

dave

#1 Re: Green Flag
November 25, 2005, 06:45:23 pm
Quote from: "Rice Boy"
is mega as is J Warkin.

word. did you do the sitter? fresh.

i know nothing about green flag, innit to the left of lost world?

mark

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Green Flag
November 26, 2005, 10:06:16 am
Quote from: "Rice Boy"
Is Green Flag at Carl's Walk essentially an eliminate start to Lost World cos the wall further left was blank as anythting. Project? GF felt a little soft but is mega as is J Walkin.

I went to do these problems last spring and the problem I did, thinking it was Green Flag, sounds like it's probably the same as you did. I climbed the wall just left of the crack with some nice moves on sticky-out sidepulls and a long reach for the break. Felt a bit soft for 7a.

Bumped into Patta a couple of days later. Mentioned it to him and was informed that GF takes the wall further left and goes up the much blanker piece of rock. He also admitted that it's massively undergraded and nothing like 7a.

Rice Boy

• stalker
#3 Green Flag
November 26, 2005, 11:33:12 am
Did the sitter n'all. Felt nicer with cheaky block at base albeit a bit easier.

Didn't see any undercuts on wall to the left again but was content with the easier problem to the left 6b?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#4 Green Flag
January 09, 2006, 03:10:27 pm
I seem to recall it used a right facing sidepull not an undercut and a left leg flag (hence the name). It was a fair way left of the crack. If it felt easy for 7a you were definately on the wrong line! I seem to remember it feeling 7b minimum but I didn't do it and it was at least 6 years ago that I tried it.

Rice Boy

• stalker
#5 Green Flag
January 10, 2006, 03:21:44 pm
Danke! Will definitely head back. The problem just to the right of crack shouldn't be overlooked tho, such good moves on such a big piece of flat rock.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal