UKBouldering.com

Humpin' @ Curbar (Read 16806 times)

ferret

• forum abuser
#50 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 02:24:32 am
why do people get such a bee in there bonnet about 8a.nu? we all know the rankings arent serious. personally i find my scorecard an easy way of recording my accents for my own reasons, and its cool wen im travelling that my mates can easily see wot im up too. i also find checking the rankings around me to find info on problems i never new existed, and also wots popular (i.e. good, quick drying, basic beta or soft at the grade :) )

i checked this humpin problem today and wud hav to agree its basically a shite one move wonder. but thats my opinion and accusatory remarks of wanting to blow ones own trumpet are unwaranted. mayb he was just posting info that he thort might be usefull. any body climbing new problems pls post them people can make their own minds up if there shite or not.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#51 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 05:47:46 pm
Worthwhileness seems to be the boulderers equivalent of efficks.

So many arguments get started when someone says hey that line is a pile, why are you even talking about it? People on both sides of the offending phrase would do well to remember that as the Dude says, "hey, that's just like, your opinion".

Maybe I've misquoted, but anyway, I come back to ukb after being away from the net for a couple of days, and everyone's at daggers. What gives? Why is everyone so ANGRY?

8a.nu doesn't hurt anyone. Shit problems don't hurt anyone. Posting about problems that have been done before doesn't hurt anyone. I always find it a bit odd that people seem so aggrieved when someone claims a problem that was done years ago. It's like willy waving, but sneakier. Give me a good honest willy waving contest anyday.

There's a thing that happens with forums where veterans of the internet scene seem to get disgruntled when new people post things in the "wrong" way, or have the "wrong" attitude. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to rather repetitive and trivial arguments... Happens on ukc a lot. I hope it won't happen here...

This is a forum for discussing bouldering, no? I'd hate to see people ostrasized because regulars (accidentally or otherwise) give out I HATE YOUR POST vibes...

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#52 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 06:25:00 pm
A resigned attitude to shit problems being reported could best be achieved by giving everyone a copy of the Northumberland Bouldering Guide and sending them to Shafoe or Rothley (or any other large, spread out or esoteric area included within).  

At first they will rage about yomping randomly through neck-high ferns to get to 3ft-high piles of crumbly sand covered in birdshit.  But after a few of these experiences a strange serenity will emerge, leading to a much happier online environment.

dave

#53 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 06:38:51 pm
Quote from: "r-man"
Worthwhileness seems to be the boulderers equivalent of efficks.

So many arguments get started when someone says hey that line is a pile, why are you even talking about it? People on both sides of the offending phrase would do well to remember that as the Dude says, "hey, that's just like, your opinion".

Maybe I've misquoted, but anyway, I come back to ukb after being away from the net for a couple of days, and everyone's at daggers. What gives? Why is everyone so ANGRY?

8a.nu doesn't hurt anyone. Shit problems don't hurt anyone. Posting about problems that have been done before doesn't hurt anyone. I always find it a bit odd that people seem so aggrieved when someone claims a problem that was done years ago. It's like willy waving, but sneakier. Give me a good honest willy waving contest anyday.

There's a thing that happens with forums where veterans of the internet scene seem to get disgruntled when new people post things in the "wrong" way, or have the "wrong" attitude. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to rather repetitive and trivial arguments... Happens on ukc a lot. I hope it won't happen here...

This is a forum for discussing bouldering, no? I'd hate to see people ostrasized because regulars (accidentally or otherwise) give out I HATE YOUR POST vibes...

hey, lets leave ostriches out of this. they can fight their own battles.

Duma

• forum hero
#54 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 07:17:47 pm
as the Dude says, "hey, that's just like, your opinion".

"this aggression will not stand, man"

BenF

• forum hero
#55 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 07:54:15 pm

Maybe it's because everyone's so pissed at being back at work, it's all a bit damp out there, climbing indoors is shit and no-ones got any money until the end of the month? :cry:

Then again, it's the weekend tomorrow and something might actually be dry.  Well, that's what I'm banking on...   :x

a dense loner

• forum hero
#56 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 06, 2006, 09:02:31 pm
when you're on about daggers n stuff i hope you're not referring to me? if a problem is wank i will tell you it's wank. i'm not, and wasn't angry at any point in the whole thread. i was pointing out that the problem was wank. also that new stuff on a boulder with lots of eliminates on probably isn't new.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#57 Humpin' @ Curbar
January 08, 2006, 10:56:16 pm
a re-read of this thread has put a smile on my face, but whilst musing through the gallery I look at picture of this new/old problem and can finally put a concern of mine to bed, I now know why the foothold on gorilla was covered in chalk last time I was there!

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#58 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 11:56:36 am
i did a low traverse R to L on slopers, just left of the nose at burbage west yesterday that i dont think has been done before. im calling it si's traverse, 7a.
cheers.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#59 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 12:00:46 pm
You mean the old B7 in the rockfax guide??

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#60 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 12:02:21 pm

i did a low traverse R to L on slopers, just left of the nose at burbage west yesterday that i dont think has been done before. im calling it si's traverse, 7a.
cheers.

I hope you're wearing body armour...?

simes

• stalker
#61 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 01:59:30 pm
I didnt need body armour, its not that hard, and is low to the ground too. cheers.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#62 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 02:42:10 pm
I was being facetious

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#63 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 04:38:46 pm
Quote from: "simes"
im calling it si's traverse, 7a.
cheers.

I think "the ego has landed" would be a better name?

Such modesty.

simes

• stalker
#64 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 07, 2006, 09:13:52 pm
i did it onsight-redpoint on the 8th attempt, and only put my foot on the floor once.

sorry, i just wondered what response such a claim would get. wont do it again. si.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#65 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 08, 2006, 08:04:05 am
AKA Trolling.

Didn't really work though did it.

simes

• stalker
#66 Humpin' @ Curbar
February 08, 2006, 09:44:10 am
ive never heard of trolling. wont do it again anyway. sorry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal