UKBouldering.com

Thigh Rippage (Read 2384 times)

matthew

• menacing presence
Thigh Rippage
December 12, 2005, 04:09:56 pm
As much as it may appear this is a topic of child birth its not....its a story of a tragic accident, involving myself and a Christmas party game... the one where ya have to pick up an ever diminishing cardboard box with your mouth with only your feet on the floor... To set the scene, i've just eaten a kilo of turkey had a few beers (Wychwoods circlemaster, fiddlers elbow, and a Hbgoblin) and i go to pick up the box. I assume the position legs apart and move my head to the groud, when my head is about 3inches from the floor theres slight ripping feeling in the backs of my thighs :oops: ...and today i cant flex and get my hands past my knees...
So the moral of this story don't play party games, get injuries the legitimate way by climbing or MTBing.
Hopefully i will regain full flexiness soon....but maybe not.... :(
Stay safe at Christmas, don't drink and try the splits.... :roll:

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Thigh Rippage
December 13, 2005, 08:13:28 am
this is the missus's party piece.she can pick up the flat bottom piece of the box with no more training than lifting a wine glass.where i'm struggling before they cut any thing off the box.

tobym

• menacing presence
#2 Thigh Rippage
December 13, 2005, 09:27:04 am
I reckon it wouldn't have happened if you'd finished off with a Waggle Dance after the Hobgoblin. :wink:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#3 Thigh Rippage
December 13, 2005, 10:28:27 am
Quote from: "gruff"
stop drinking alcohol!

NEVER  :twisted:

matthew

• menacing presence
#4 First mistake
December 13, 2005, 11:47:03 am
I reckon it wouldn't have happened if you'd finished off with a Waggle Dance after the Hobgoblin.  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
mmm...very good point, i think my first real mistake was sending a woman to the olde Dram Shop to collect my ale. I should have been worried by the phrase "Matt, what's an ale??"......  :roll:

Any idea where to find info on safe stretches to perform? And how to perfrom them.

chappers

• forum hero
#5 Thigh Rippage
December 13, 2005, 12:19:35 pm
Quote from: "gruff"
Ouch!

stop drinking alcohol! :(

g

probs a tough job, that sounds like a university club style injury

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#6 Thigh Rippage
December 15, 2005, 10:05:33 am
I can't even get to the box I'm that inflexible... I have seen Nic Sellars resorting to extreme egyptians in order to succeed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal