UKBouldering.com

yes thank you anne (Read 5346 times)

dave

yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 11:48:57 am
yo this is the hot topic on everyones lips rigth now.

new series of little britatin.

Whats everyone recon? to be honest i don't think its as good the previous series, although last thursdays was better than the rest so far. the fat naked woman has lost all shock value and isn't funny now, and the old woman pissing everywhere ain't really too clever. that guy with the ladyboy thai bride int too great neither.

i thought the orvile thing was genius though.

question?

BoulderHog

• addict
#1 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 12:09:30 pm
Yeah I agree, not as good as last series. I loved the first and second, but to be honest the novelty for me has totally worn off, I could barely be bothered to watch last weeks episode all the way through, how fickle I am. They should have started from scratch, all new stuff I reckon.

On another note, the new series of Peep Show has been brilliant, have just about pissed myself laughing every episode I've seen.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 12:14:22 pm
Still watching it, but the seem to have scrapped some of the better old characters, and got some new ones in that aren't so good.

Peepshow is class as always.

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 12:15:11 pm
to be honest, it's all rubbish now i've seen the first two series too many times. it just isn't funny and it's too predictible.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 02:28:01 pm
Little Britain has done a "league of gentleman" imho.  Both started off being quite funny and original, surreal but with a recognisable kernal of truth; and both largely degenerated into a parade of cheap bodily-fluid based "laughs".  

Peep Show remains great though.  Anyone know whether there are new series of Garth Merenghi's Dark Place or Black Books on the way?  Also are the new series of Mighty Boosh and Nighty Night any good? - have heard disappointing reviews of the latter..

dave

#5 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 03:16:09 pm
am i the only person who find black books absolute unwatchable shash? sometime i feel like i am!

and just so you don't think i'm singling out black books for criticism, i also think the smoking room is shit. and don't get me started on the bbc's relentlessly-plugged catherine "i've got dogshit for tallent" tate.

bring back velvet soup.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#6 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 04:14:01 pm
I liked Black Books series 1, but it quickly got boring.

Smoking Room is very poor

Catherine Tate is like physical pain.

Has anyone tried Broken News? Just not funny. At all.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#7 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 04:23:14 pm
Quote from: "dave"
and don't get me started on the bbc's relentlessly-plugged catherine "i've got dogshit for tallent" tate.

don't agree with you re Black Books (one of the best since Father Ted).  But I hear you loud and clear regarding Catherine Tate... jesus christ the most derivative load of shite I have ever seen - the BBC appear hellbent on promoting her as an orignal comic talent, ignoring the fact that her stuff is largely an amateur dramatic's version of Little Britain sketches that were crap to start with.  Mind you I felt similarly (but to a much lesser extent admittedly) about large potions of goodness gracious me - the critics were so determined to love it that they ignored how much of it was directly ripped off from the Fast Show.

Rico

• menacing presence
#8 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 05:28:48 pm
I read about Catherine Tate offending the Queen at the royal variety performance the other week, which is hardly surprising, I'd be offended if I was made to sit through that shit.

I just want Channel 4 to get their act together and bring back Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.

dave

#9 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 06:04:19 pm
i did find a lot of goodness gracious me very funny though, for example the going out for an english sketch. much better that that the kumars at number 42 or whatever its called. the fast show is amazing though, its a right royal cockney barrel of monkeys.

did anyone ever see "the sketch show"? probably the only marginally humourous thing ITV have ever aired.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#10 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 06:53:39 pm
there is only 2 programs on telly that make it worthwhile owning, unfortunately they are both american. House & american dad

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 08:05:34 pm
Quote from: "Rico"

I just want Channel 4 to get their act together and bring back Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.

I was at college with Richard Ayoade (writer/Dean Learner in Dark Place). Genius.

Here's a review I found of one of the many classic horror books written by Garth Marenghi:

"Juggers"

With this tale of a monstrous juggernaut assuming a life of its own and terrorising a small travelling band of East End prostitutes out on a working weekend to Manchester, Marenghi taps into our dread of mechanical and scientific experimentation with uncanny accuracy.

Marenghi: 'Look, you've got a group of uneducated working whores having fun together in a Bedford Van-come-brothel, boozing and banging their way up the M60, and then suddenly they're confronted by an 18-wheeler with a mind of its own. […] I wanted to write a book about the triumph of the female spirit over a gigantic lorry. Of course, looking back, I realise the truck actually represents AIDS.'

The runaway juggernaut is revealed to be controlled by a scientifically-mutated Atari games programmer, previously abducted by alien entities and sent back to earth in the form of a bio-organic mechanism secured to the truck's steering wheel.

"The final scene where the smoking mass of wired-up flesh is scraped away from the burnt out cabin to a faint mechanical cry of 'I'm frying…I'm frying…' is perhaps one of the most moving moments in horror." Neil Nichols, Hard Gore Magazine.

'Gives a whole new meaning to the term "service station".' SFX

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#12 yes thank you anne
December 07, 2005, 08:42:41 pm
Peep Show is absolute genius. One of the most consistently funny things thats's ever been aired imo. I fuckin hate Little Britain, personally I think it's a watered down, shit, not funny version of League Of Gentlemen. Totally agree about LoG as well, first two series were genius, dark, funny and surreal and then it all got too 'clever'.

The one thing I would like to see come back is Nathan Barley. One of my favourite TV shows ever, although there's absolutley no chance, considering the ratings and all the critiscism it got.

Agree about black books dave, I never got it, and catherine tate. She needs shot.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#13 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 08:44:33 am
Nathan Barley was right on the mark a few times, but often missed it by miles.

Apparently Little Britain has lost 3 million viewers in just 3 episodes. Maybe they should have finished on a high note, and tried something new, maybe it's the "difficult third album" syndrome.

webbo

• forum hero
#14 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 09:00:28 am
i unfortunatley still have to watch little britain as it is a must for my 12 year old daughter who will be subjected to the same sort of piss takingat school that we dish out to andi e,if she is not word perfect on all the sketches.
currently i am enjoying watching jeeves and wooster whilst partaking in a glass of cockburns and the odd bendicks.

dave

#15 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 09:08:37 am
whilst partaking in a glass of cockburns and the odd bendicks.

are you julian clary?

webbo

• forum hero
#16 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 09:16:36 am
no i'm much better looking and have finer dress sense.but my dancing is not up to much.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#17 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 09:55:29 am
currently i am enjoying watching jeeves and wooster

absolute genius :lol:

on a more serious note i think me, you and sa chris should meet up and begin training for the day when andi_e has the last laugh and comes to kick chalk in our faces. we could do a montage involving climbing, weight's, torture and thesaurus's

SA Chris

• forum hero
#18 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 10:06:18 am
Sounds like a right giraffe to me. Where's convenient for everyone? One of the 1000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

btw I think it's thesaurii.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#19 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 10:09:14 am
did ponder that but my grandma is terrible so thought i'd be wrong either way

webbo

• forum hero
#20 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 10:15:48 am
Quote from: "a dense loner"
currently i am enjoying watching jeeves and wooster

absolute genius :lol:

on a more serious note i think me, you and sa chris should meet up and begin training for the day when andi_e has the last laugh and comes to kick chalk in our faces. we could do a montage involving climbing, weight's, torture and thesaurus's

that sounds fun. i could do it when i go to visit my mum in cheshire.
a day bouldering with andi e followed with conversations with mother who is suffering from dementia.
could be quite enlightening.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#21 yes thank you anne
December 08, 2005, 11:54:41 am
Quote from: "SA Chris"
Nathan Barley was right on the mark a few times, but often missed it by miles.

it was awesome fucking welles. :lol:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#22 yes thank you anne
January 06, 2006, 01:32:46 pm
Anyone watched Man Stroke Woman on one of the terrestrial sub channels? Quite funny occasionally.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#23 yes thank you anne
January 06, 2006, 02:21:24 pm
Yes, particularly the "Stand clear, I'm going to come on her tits" bit. Didn't catch the rest of it though.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#24 yes thank you anne
January 17, 2006, 08:44:15 am
Is the DVD of Rock Profiles worth getting? Noticed it's going for a godiva at the moment.

My only recollections of it from telly are watching it late a night when mildly pissed or otherwise, and being moderately amused.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal