UKBouldering.com

Help! (Read 1781 times)

thesaddler

Help!
November 30, 2005, 03:48:18 pm
Hello one and all. I need some help... back in 1997 or 1998, I went along to watch the likes of Ben Moon and some of his mates go bouldering in Norway. Their climbs were being filmed for the National Geographic Channel and the programme went out in the same year, with repeats aired in subsequent years. I've completely forgotten the name of the show, and would love to know.
It was a great experience – as a non-climber it was pretty awe-inspiring stuff seeing Ben and friends tackle those boulders in such beautiful surroundings. Another guy who was present was a young climber called Leo, he was only 17 or 18 at the time, but was already being tipped for the top. What happened to him?
Anyway, if this jogs anyone's memory, give me a shout back.
Cheers,
Paul

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Help!
November 30, 2005, 04:32:06 pm
I'm guessing the Leo is Leo Houlding?

He's been known to bumble up the odd hillside from time to time...

thesaddler

#2 Help!
November 30, 2005, 05:01:12 pm
Thanks Fiend, after Googling Leo's name I can safely say it was most definitely Leo Houlding. Looks as though Leo has had an eventful year or two. Good to read that he's back on track...

J.P

• regular
#3 Help!
December 01, 2005, 12:44:19 pm
The gathering was held in Romsdalen, I think it was august 99. Great weekend of bouldering that became famous for the party on saturday night...not many climbers to be seen bouldering on sunday :lol:

thesaddler

#4 Help!
December 01, 2005, 12:55:00 pm
Hi JP, thanks for the message. I remember we travelled up from Oslo with the TV crew (I was a journalist covering it for a TV mag), through the fjords and into mountain country. I think the little town we stayed in was  Andelsnes, on the west coast, and then travelled through many a bumpy mountain road to meet Ben and his Sheffield crew. It was an amazing experience – we watched them practice and climb, and there was a bit of a party in a hut. Lots of talks by the climbers and slide shows, really inspiring stuff. Everyone was so friendly, welcoming and chilled. Now, if I could just remember what the TV programme was called!

J.P

• regular
#5 Help!
December 01, 2005, 01:48:45 pm
Hmm...sorry, no help there. I remember a crew from National Geographic beeing there but can´t remember what the film was called. Give us a shout if you find it, would love to see it!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 Help!
December 01, 2005, 02:51:11 pm
Leo has fcuked his hand up doing DIY.

dave

#7 Help!
December 01, 2005, 03:14:20 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
Leo has fcuked his hand up doing DIY.

you'd think he'd be able to piss most E3s.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#8 Help!
December 01, 2005, 06:17:39 pm
:lol:

...dave's gag that is. Not leo's hand  :( snapped the tendon in his little finger at the first joint. After recoil they found it back at the wrist side of his palm  :shock: its now reattched by a pin through his fingernail :?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal