UKBouldering.com

When to book flights? (Read 1774 times)

Omar15

• addict
When to book flights?
March 18, 2012, 02:27:55 pm
A few of us are going to Rocklands this summer, end of July til early September. I've been scouring everywhere for cheap flights but have only found return for £630 at the cheapest - I was expecting to pay about £500. I'm not sure if that'll be the cheapest they go to, or whether to wait a bit...I'm just concerned they might go up again closer to departure.

So is there a better time to book flights, or shall I just book them now?

Cheers!

Omar

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1 Re: When to book flights?
March 19, 2012, 10:12:19 am
I think in the past flight prices used to fall but I've never found that to be the case in the last 5+ years.  I haven't been booking for the States though so that may be different but certainly for the UK / Europe they only ever seem to go up now.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: When to book flights?
March 19, 2012, 11:11:50 am
I have seen prices fall, and not just following large earthquakes, tsunami and nuclear reactor meltdown at the destination.

Supposedly the best time to book is 8 weeks in advance.

This Bing tool attempts to predict if prices are likely to rise or not.

Other ideas on manipulating a booking computer here.  AA specific but some ideas are transferable.

b3n99

• stalker
#3 Re: When to book flights?
March 19, 2012, 04:30:41 pm
Hi Omar,
We've aready booked flights for Rocklands but didn't find them any cheaper than you've said. It was going up through the month we were looking.
We're out for most of august though so will see you out there!

Omar15

• addict
#4 Re: When to book flights?
March 29, 2012, 06:57:08 pm
Great, cheers guys. I think I'll leave it a bit and see. Hmm. Ben, thats cool you're heading out there too, but are you sure you're old enough to fly by yourself?!

Just kidding, it'll be great to have you out there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal