UKBouldering.com

Boing Boy (Read 2531 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Boing Boy
October 24, 2005, 01:36:43 pm
Boing Boy @ Clifftop - L or R hand for the jug ?? ... just curious to see what others have done.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#1 Boing Boy
October 24, 2005, 01:46:23 pm
I would have thought you would struggle to go for it with any body part other than your left hand. Thats how i did it (+ pic in guide). great problem :D

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Boing Boy
October 24, 2005, 02:38:14 pm
I went left hand like the pic of Stu in the guide. I have seen a photo of someone using crimps round to the right, which sounds like cheating/a different problem to me :wink:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#3 Boing Boy
October 24, 2005, 02:45:58 pm
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
I went left hand like the pic of Stu in the guide. I have seen a photo of someone using crimps round to the right, which sounds like cheating/a different problem to me :wink:

Yep - thats a different problem IMHO... I also went with the left hand but did try it the other way a couple of times before I saw the pic of Stu in the guide and it felt do-able so I was curious to see whether anyone had done it that way.

It's a nice little venue with some good problems that aren't so conditions dependent.. I assume that peeps have explored the largish tilted boulder that lies a few hundred metres further NE across the field??

uptown

• junky
#4 Boing Boy
October 24, 2005, 03:19:39 pm
2nd ascent shot from '97 - dig the threads!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#5 Boing Boy
October 24, 2005, 04:38:51 pm
What? I'm sure I borrowed/nicked those purple kecks of you sir :lol:
 Yes, have checked out the boulder over the way. It has one scary highball rockover thing up the middle, which might not have been done (doesn't look that great really) and a smart but very small hanging groove from a sitter on boulder behind. There are also a few very easy highballs on the buttresses to the right (Fiend posted some pics a while back I think)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal