UKBouldering.com

Bring out your dabs (Read 298145 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1350 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 01:52:44 pm
My mates and I can't decide whether this is satire or not. I think, unbelievably, that it isn't. I'm not sure whether it belongs in the dabs thread, the strong-but-incredibly-shit thread, the don't climb on soaking wet grit thread, or the climbing goes mainstream weirdness thread. It's a complete shit show from start to finish.

https://youtu.be/soslTCDifZQ?si=JhcEefAad27iUVt6

yetix

• forum abuser
#1351 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 03:21:25 pm
"My negative 3 ape index is a bigger hinderence than this rain fam"

PeteHukb

• player
#1352 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 03:22:45 pm
That is... a video...

For me, watching it, I find myself wondering if he's neurodivergent. So do what you will with that.

Whatever you think about the vid, he's definitely got some great catchphrases. Never really thought about really *manifesting* gainz before, but it totally makes sense really.

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#1353 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 03:33:40 pm
Faisal is a trip. If you ever wondered what steroid use in climbing looks like this is it.

Also always made me laugh how his insta has over 100k followers but his posts get like 5 likes  :lol:

stone

• forum abuser
#1354 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 06:11:30 pm
He's got a video where he does T-crack at Cratcliffe. I've always been too crap/feeble to manage that whenever I've tried. Hat's off to him from me.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#1355 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 06:22:11 pm
He's got a video where he does T-crack at Cratcliffe. I've always been too crap/feeble to manage that whenever I've tried. Hat's off to him from me.

hats off to climbing on soaking wet rock

dunnyg

• forum hero
#1356 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 06:27:34 pm
The psyche is unquestionable. I look forward to manifesting gainZ.

stone

• forum abuser
#1357 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 06:49:14 pm

hats off to climbing on soaking wet rock
If anyone here knows him or his contact details or whatever, by all means message him to spread the word about wet rock. Perhaps when you next post a video (if you're someone who does) include a spiel about avoiding wet grit.

Until recently I was unaware of the wet grit = erosion thing. Many people still are -evidently. I found out from the Countryfile TV program of all places, when they featured Shauna Coxley.

A few years back, I heard admiring comments about how a top boulderer had been able to climb a hard grit problem when wet.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#1358 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 07:19:35 pm
Stone, you don't need to defend the indefensible. He's an arsehole. Climbing soaking wet grit when he even says ok the video he shouldn't. He clearly doesn't top out Flying Arete, and he doesn't top out the Keel, even after doing it with his fucking foot on the floor  :lol:

stone

• forum abuser
#1359 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 07:27:49 pm
Does he say in the video that climbing wet grit damages the rock?

Sorry if I missed that.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#1360 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 07:32:24 pm
Faisal is a trip. If you ever wondered what steroid use in climbing looks like this is it.

Also always made me laugh how his insta has over 100k followers but his posts get like 5 likes  :lol:

Now this is the kind of baseless accusation the forum has been missing lately!

No beef with the manifestation chat, that's basically just visualisation isn't it?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#1361 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 07:34:10 pm

Sorry if I missed that.

Yes.

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#1362 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 07:42:38 pm

Now this is the kind of baseless accusation the forum has been missing lately!

No beef with the manifestation chat, that's basically just visualisation isn't it?

Not baseless, he’s openly talked about his steroid use in the past.

Now the follower thing… if you work online like I do it’s pretty obvious when people buy followers  :lol:

Bradders

• forum hero
#1363 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 07:48:14 pm

Sorry if I missed that.

He does. He's clearly aware you mustn't climb on wet grit and yet does it anyway. Ignoring all the other stuff, that is clearly impactful on others.

So what do we do now stone? As UKB's official conscience, does this mean we're allowed to post public comments on the video?

stone

• forum abuser
#1364 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 09:18:18 pm
I just watched the video again. My hearing is crap (despite hearing aids) but I assiduously read every word of subtitles. Where does he say climbing on wet grit damages the rock?

I re-watched the video again, fully with the intention of putting a comment about climbing wet rock if he had said that it damages the rock and yet did so.

I'll do that if someone tells me what time point to read/listen him saying that.

I agree that he clearly says he climbs on wet rock, but that is totally different from doing so after saying that doing so damages the rock.

Bradders

• forum hero
#1365 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 09:29:30 pm
I just watched the video again. My hearing is crap (despite hearing aids) but I assiduously read every word of subtitles. Where does he say climbing on wet grit damages the rock?

I re-watched the video again, fully with the intention of putting a comment about climbing wet rock if he had said that it damages the rock and yet did so.

I'll do that if someone tells me what time point to read/listen him saying that.

I agree that he clearly says he climbs on wet rock, but that is totally different from doing so after saying that doing so damages the rock.

7:33 to 7:41

stone

• forum abuser
#1366 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 21, 2024, 09:47:29 pm

7:33 to 7:41
Yes he says he's climbing on wet rock.

What he doesn't say is that he knows that climbing on wet rock harms the rock. That's just ignorance not wilful damage as far as we know.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1367 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 06:40:43 am
Looks like I may be wrong to do emphatically link that image and that organisation, it may well be more general. I needn’t have reacted so strongly, sorry.

Mods, as Spiders says, would you like to delete these posts that are about politics rather than climbing related? Thank you.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1368 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 08:54:24 am

For me, watching it, I find myself wondering if he's neurodivergent. So do what you will with that.

Agree..

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1369 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 10:46:31 am
Imagine the drive up from London with Moon Safari on repeat. No thanks fam.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1370 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 11:11:07 am
TBF, first time I've thought of it in ages, and just had it on now because of this vid.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1371 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 11:20:13 am
If it’s any conciliation, this man has never purchased a copy of or enjoyed a subscription to London Climber. We take all of this stuff very seriously. Our advice to London-based climbers arriving in this particular area during inclement weather remains unchanged. If it’s raining, leave the pads in the back of the X5M and instead spend an afternoon at the Hepworth Museum at Wakefield (inc checking out the David Chipperfield buildings / getting inspiration for that Rocklands holiday home you’ve been planning) or the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1372 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 11:55:47 am
Not proposing an arbitrary challenge of driving many miles to several tentatively linked climbing centres within a time limit??

stone

• forum abuser
#1373 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 04:30:17 pm
I think best advice for London based climbers caught out by inclement weather in the Peak is to check the Doncaster/Worksop forecast and consider the fabulous maglime wonderland thereabouts.

I was struck by just how many people had "best of 2023" experiences there.

stone

• forum abuser
#1374 Re: Bring out your dabs
January 22, 2024, 04:48:01 pm

Agree..

I read you comments with similar distaste to how I would if you had said something like, "I find myself wondering if he's homosexual".

It seems to imply that if he were neurodivergent, he should be less proud to express his style, and should cower away and leave youtube to those with taste that conforms to yours.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal