UKBouldering.com

Bring out your dabs (Read 294502 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#825 Re: Bring out your dabs
March 25, 2022, 10:51:18 am
Seems we do agree about the merits of a good eliminate after all.

Not sure either sequence can really be seen as an eliminate? For those of us without height or strength to spare the foothold is going to be worth milking. I meant better as in a great move to do - rather than obviously superior ethically. That would be harder argument to make but if it looks and feels better it probably is. Dave did both methods in front of a failing Megos so might have the definitive view on whether humiliating a megastar feels better with a foot on or without.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#826 Re: Bring out your dabs
March 25, 2022, 01:29:25 pm
I wasn't serious. I'm sure I'd be a huge fan of The Joker by either method if I ever did the problem.

remus

• forum hero
#827 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 04, 2022, 10:58:56 am
The lesser spotted sport climbing dab.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B42blPsord7/

Banana finger

• addict
  • daft lad
#828 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 04, 2022, 11:58:07 am

haydn jones

• forum hero
#829 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 09, 2022, 06:31:50 pm

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#830 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 09, 2022, 10:23:14 pm
Since when was that called “Teflon Traverse”?
When did it start a few moves in?
I must be getting old :lol:

dunnyg

• forum hero
#831 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 09, 2022, 10:35:17 pm
But it was easier back in the day with the power of the magical anasazi verdes, so swings and round abouts I recon

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
#832 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 13, 2022, 01:01:38 pm

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#833 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 13, 2022, 01:08:08 pm

Superb. The sapling, the pad, the fact its filmed directly facing the setting sun so you can't see whats going on. Art.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#834 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 13, 2022, 01:16:02 pm
Rare to see a problem with a second sit start halfway through.

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#835 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 13, 2022, 07:06:07 pm
I am pleased to see we have rolled out this springs sacrificial lambs, such disgusting behaviour, Torquemada and the inquisition are aware and their agents are in motion. My hope is that these heretics will be rounded up and suitably punished{probably killed} while the righteous Dab police tiptoe away to fiddle with themselves in the small cupboard under the stairs.  :devangel:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#836 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 14, 2022, 09:02:49 am
Glad you take this thread in the humorous way it is intended...

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
#837 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 15, 2022, 07:43:35 pm

i've replayed this more times than i should have, because i just could not believe he would take this, as he bailed on a few attempts early on.
the hand the foot slap the rock at almost the same time. but the foot slaps the wrong rock

Carliios

#838 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 15, 2022, 08:40:40 pm

i've replayed this more times than i should have, because i just could not believe he would take this, as he bailed on a few attempts early on.
the hand the foot slap the rock at almost the same time. but the foot slaps the wrong rock

He’s notorious. We had a good chuckle watching his beta videos when we were in font last

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#839 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 15, 2022, 10:04:55 pm
I like the fact that he films himself brushing his ticks off to prove he has the strongest of ethics  :lol:

dunnyg

• forum hero
#840 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 16, 2022, 06:49:21 am
To be fair, even of he's keen on a good dab, it doesn't really effect anyone else. Brushing tick marks off should always be appreciated.

Bradders

• forum hero
#841 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 16, 2022, 06:51:59 am
To his credit, he seems to have done, and filmed, almost every 7th grade problem in Font. Every time I look something up it seems there's a video of him doing it.

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
#842 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 16, 2022, 07:33:33 am
i think it's great that he is doing exactly what he wants, to climb as many 7's in fontainebleau as possible. i believe (but i'm not sure) he moved there from belgium to do just that.
i could go as far as saying he's living the/my dream.
it still hurts a little when i see him dabbing though, maybe it is because i care too much.

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#843 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 16, 2022, 03:43:33 pm
Good News Dabby brethrin, i am exhausted{not the news but a bi-product} from my journey/quest to seek out and destroy this Filip character for his blatant indiscretions.
In the early hours of the morn i slipped quietly from my Highland home, travelling many hours by car and plane across the cold sea to the land of cheese, wine and non existent footholdery.
The next day dawned and i awaited for our prey in the shaded blocs of Gorge Aux Chats, hours past and he did not appear
{the bastard}.
The next day dawned and i awaited for our prey in the shaded blocs of Gorge Aux Chats, hours past and he did not appear
{the bastard}.
{the bastard}.
I asked about, saying i was a fan of Filip and his 85 thousand vids and found out that he was working Rocher de la Salamandre that day. It didn't take long scoping out the area to find our miscreant laid out on one of his many pads below another world class boulder.
I walked brazenly up to the admittedly tall handsome Belgian gentleman and without mercy shouted "YOU LOOK BAD IN HATS", he looked at me and his head slowly dropped admitting to me and to himself that the truth will out. 
The deed done i returned home to slide off my barbed wire knickers and indulge in another night of angel delight frog massage.

I await our next victim :devil-smiley:

andy moles

• forum abuser
#844 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 17, 2022, 06:09:00 am
More flights of surreal lyrical whimsy please Scragrock, it complements the dab videos and makes the internet a better place.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#845 Re: Bring out your dabs
April 17, 2022, 05:27:32 pm
Indeed. More about waiting on a mat in the Gorge of Cats to tell people that they look bad in hats.

remus

• forum hero
#846 Re: Bring out your dabs
May 04, 2022, 07:12:33 pm
Bleau delivers again

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#847 Re: Bring out your dabs
May 04, 2022, 07:31:26 pm
I never understand why people put pads on boulders when they're clearly going to dab them. Do they think they're going to hurt themselves falling 2 inches onto a smooth block?

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#848 Re: Bring out your dabs
May 05, 2022, 11:16:14 am
I never understand why people put pads on boulders when they're clearly going to dab them. Do they think they're going to hurt themselves falling 2 inches onto a smooth block?

Excellent observation Station Commander of the Dab's Will Hunt, I am left with No doubts as to the severity of your justified shamings.
As a side note and i am in No way diminishing from the Dabee's clear and disgusting flagrant ignorance of the rules as laid down by the founders in the days before digitisation.
BUT i once, a few seasons ago spent a lovely warm summers morning high above the village of Glen Brittle tootling about on the blocs of Coire Laggan. I had due to logistics and the long walk in only one pad so could not cushion the large bedrock slab behind me. Being a big boy i carried on regardless, before pulling on and concerned to protect my milky white complexion against the weak northern Sun i liberally coated my skin with factor 85k sun cream. Half way up another outstanding arete i dry{or possibly wet} fired of a crucial side pull, i hit the ground back first with a splat and just kept going, accelerating down hill as the my bodies grease coated the warm Gabbro and heather i screamed and swam in order to arrest my fall but to No avail, closing my eyes i accepted my fate and relaxed into what would be the ride of my life.
A short bumpy slide later i whizzed past the campsite at the bottom of the hill, my hopes soared and expectations rose as i realised i might slow down but again i just kept going, a family in a cheap Aldi tent swore at me as exploded through their brunch like a Ginger 50 cal bullet, a mile or so down the road and the layer of sun cream still holding strong i hit the sound barrier passing the youth hostel, at this point i was picked up on military radar and forces were put on full alert scramble for the unidentified supersonic object heading north. 
I bounced and turned down the Fairy pools eventually slowing with the spray and wash reacting with my greasy exterior the slide continued right through Carbost, turning, squirming and screaming through the old oak door of the Talisker Distillery, i came to an eventual rest in the centre of the ancient cobbles of the tasting room surrounded by the pink leather clad chapter house of Berlins Hell's Angels. Shocked and angered by the intrusion on there cultural tour of the Highlands the group of 25 placed their glasses down and minced towards me with cruel intent.

At this point i realised....."Bad time to run out of lube"

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#849 Re: Bring out your dabs
May 05, 2022, 06:28:37 pm
This could run for a while....     
No Kpote Only...with a big ground dab maybe  :worms:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal