UKBouldering.com

James last plays the hits of nelly furtado, with stigmata (Read 3019 times)

dave

Yo hitting font with her indoors and ting this weekend. Obviously it ain't gonna be cold, probably about twenny deg, sunny. Trying to think of places to go. She boulders like non-steep stuff in the 3/4+ range, seconds VS or HVS slabs piss ets. The rather specific criteria are:
  • gotta be a nice place, easy to get around - no scrambling, falling down holes etc.
  • gotta have loads of quality piss easy stuff that's not mentally highball, good landings, easy descents.
  • gotta have shiz for moi, like quality 7s, preferably nothing too high or lowball, and not requiring sub zero temps or more than one spotter. Skin friendly.
  • some shade would be good
  • prefeably three should be at least one overgraded dyno incase I cant get up owt else.
  • all the places must give the best possible impression of font, and variety.
I'm thinking maybe cuisiniere, roche aux sabots/911/chien, isatis, canon? Question?

Scouse D

• forum hero
I believe this fits all the criteria

dave

perhaps I am being a little specific.

BenF

• forum hero
A tad specific yeah.  However if anywhere comes close to the lunarstickness you require of a venue, it's font non?  I mean it would be even harder to select if you were going to most other bouldering temples.

Your list is pretty good though, although I probably wouldn't go to Isatis since the descents aren't always that easy for a newbie.

I concur that Canon or Cuisiniere are both good ideas with plenty for you both.  Maybe add Bois Rond for a nice tranquil afternoon, good easy stuff, mid-height and some nice 7's (plus Drei Zinnen up the path).  And Mercier is dead close and dead good for lower grades.

Don't bother with Chien though.  Went there with my gf (who is fairly handy up to v4), thinking she'd love it and she thought it was crap.

dave

word never been to bois rond or drei zinnen, might have ot chekc it out. had thought of the jacadi place like you say cos its all low frnedly looking easy stuff, plus i could abortivley throw on la puce.
only really thinking chien so i can have a go at eclipse, but will almost certinaly be too warm for that anyway.

Duma

• forum hero
Drei Zinnen is the shit - get down there, dunno about easier stuff - there's a good blue circuit and not much is that high, so probably cool

Cusi and isatis are prob good venues, loads at all grades, never noticed dodgy decents but that might be just my macho streak - also both have class dyno's for you - deferlante (7b) at Cusi and Vin Rouge/Vi Aigre/Kanguru City (7a/7c+/7b) Having said that Isatis seems to be the most popular part of font  apart from Cuvier, so first weekend in Oct may be a bit busy.

BenF

• forum hero
Merciers was well better than I expected.  Went there in August (of all times) on the way back from the big hills.  Gf loved it and I had a boss time doing as many problems as possible.  Despite the summer season thing conditions were bearable and I almost climbed well.

Drei Zinnen is worth a dig at as Duma says, its the dogs.  Some lovely stuff (particularly if you like your problems taller than 20 foot).  And down the track there is a fun 7a dyno at Bois Rond (can't remember name, but there's a poor photo of it in the 7&8 guide).  A few cool 7a+'s at Bois Rond too.

On a cheese flavoured tip, obviously the 95.2 place will be good for the missus, as well at Sabots.  And Elephant is rubbish.

dave

word - you don't have to tell me about elephant, i know it sucks a fat ass.

word have done van rouge loadsa times, never tried vin aigre. tagged top on kangaroo city years ago, not that bothered about trying again. would like to do that froggy dick dyno up on the ridge at pissatis though. tagged the top on deferlante years ago anall but remember not being reet comfy with the landing thus wasn't comitting proper.

one thing spied to try at cuisiniere is that uranus thing - looks reet. must also get that beetlejuice done. also extra balle at apremont envers looks dope. word i'm psyched.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Uranus - Pretty steady if you french start (this is what it's graded for apparently). Hard and reachy for the non-french alternative, using a sketchy heal-toe.

BenF

• forum hero
Quote from: "dave"
word - you don't have to tell me about elephant, i know it sucks a fat ass.

Yeah I figured everyone except an utter novice knows that.  Just thought I'd underline its toss-ness.

On an Apremont tip... last Easter me and gf went to the part of Apremont where Delta Roc is and she dug that place too.  If I remember rightly, the sky blue circuit is cool and she loved some of the stuff on it.  Nice and friendly height too.  And you get to do Delta Roc which is well nice.

On the dyno front (and I'm sure you know all this), heading Franchard way is cool 'cos you go the Voltex block to play on.  And Franchard Sablons has some good easier stuff nearby.

Duma

• forum hero
whats with the thread title? - assuming its some sort of cuning crossword type thang, but ain't makin no progress.

dave

word on the apremont blue tip.

Quote from: "BenF"
On the dyno front (and I'm sure you know all this), heading Franchard way is cool 'cos you go the Voltex block to play on.  And Franchard Sablons has some good easier stuff nearby.

yeah done the left hand three problems on the crazy dyno wall. well jackson.

Duma: thread title, think little britain. pirate memory games.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Quote from: "Duma"
whats with the thread title? - assuming its some sort of cuning crossword type thang, but ain't makin no progress.
Shirley its obvious: 'Tache wearing musician bloody palms like a bird'

dave

would it help to point out that james last is playing the banjo,and the sleeve notes by graham garden.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal