UKBouldering.com

trousers (Read 5664 times)

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
trousers
March 13, 2003, 02:46:46 pm
Bit of a sad question here but what trousers does everyone boulder in? I haven't actually got any proper bouldering trousers but the 2 pairs I use have holes in the arse area  :oops: I need to get a new pair so has anyone got any suggestions? TIA

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 trousers
March 13, 2003, 02:49:47 pm
Some minging old things that I got from GAP for about £10 and have a huge bollock split held together by duct tape. They're hot hot hot.

Got some of them green S7 ones somewhere but they're also split around the nad area. Must be my betty swollocks.

dave

#2 trousers
March 13, 2003, 03:02:09 pm
I used to climb in whatever cheap "disposable" trou i could find, jeans whatever, like £10 from that "70% off everything" shop in meadowhall (Paz knows what i'm on about), but then i got a pair of snap trou for £30 which were good but i washed them so infrequently they discoloured easily (permenantly dirty), and you have to mantle out of them to piss (weird french shape).

However things looked up when i got some blue S7 Vurts for £20 in outside sale, which are bo. Also got some Metolious dynamic from needlsports website which are very good. Still got some £6 psuedo-adidas joggers though... warm for winter font.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#3 trousers
March 13, 2003, 04:30:00 pm
what do they mean by a radical fit on the dynamic pants?

dave

#4 trousers
March 13, 2003, 04:40:10 pm
Its a normal semi-baggy fit. Its only radical i suppose if you are one of the mid-nineties 3/4 length lycra brigade, but i don't think anyone under 40 would think its radical.

mozzer

• addict
#5 trousers
March 13, 2003, 04:56:28 pm
I just always wear jeans. I have a pair of "climbing" jeans that are coverd in grained in mud. They are beige, so probably not the best colour, but I am a skank so dont want to buy myself any others.

They are well cool though. They are really comfy, quite soft, and protect yer knees and shins on problems like Banana finger direct - yowser!

And i look cool in them.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#6 trousers
March 13, 2003, 05:37:43 pm
Anyone got a pair of lucky trousers?

I've lost mine, which definitely explains why I choked so badly at last weekend's BUSA comp. Definitely! No doubt about that! Me strong! :oops:

mozzer

• addict
#7 trousers
March 13, 2003, 06:28:35 pm
In a way. Everything I have climbed since about a year and a half ago has been in my jeans. And i havent had a leader fall in them...

Although that might be because I am a big old pansy.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#8 trousers
March 13, 2003, 07:21:23 pm
the fatdoc used to never wash his climbing clothing tinking it to be unlucky
His trousers were minging, his wife used to have to prise them off to wash em...........eeeekkkk
ur trouser abrasion bubba comes from those mighty mounatin bike produced hocks u call legs...of course mine dont do that :oops:

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#9 trousers
March 14, 2003, 01:01:54 am
these days i can mostly be found in a pair of these - not in the colour displayed though fortunately  :wink: (was the only on line image i could find of them)

They're made by a local HK climber and a pretty damn decent - as well as only being about 20 squids a pair

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#10 trousers
March 14, 2003, 08:28:34 am
Mine is £2.99 cotton pant from Decathlon and pretty damn good trouser (very flexiable)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#11 trousers
March 14, 2003, 08:54:43 am
Up until yesterday I have maintained leagues of trousers. Usually the progression through the ranks is as follows:-

A pair of trousers are purchased, Initially worn for clubbing and going out, then when they become a bit tired they move into the wearing around the house league. Finally they make their final move into the climbing league. It is here that they languish until such time as they are unfit for human use and then I keep them for about another three years.

That is until yesterday when I purchased for the first time a pair of sparkly new Moon Cypher pants. And my goodness, they are hot stuff! in these hi-tech and hi-flexibility trews I expect to be flashing font 8a's and cruising up F8c+'s. So I was only mildly disappointed when I was restored to my usual climbing anonymity.

Nonsense aside, the new Moon clothing is now on sale at the Leeds wall and its really good.

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#12 trousers
March 17, 2003, 09:37:47 am
those yellow trousers look like theyve got a large banana attached to the left leg. its even got what lookes like a fifes sticker on it. definately a banana. dont reckon itll help on those high rockovers.

simes

• stalker
#13 trousers
March 17, 2003, 09:39:35 am
i always wear jeans from the charity shop cos i dont own any other trousers.
no banana though.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#14 trousers
March 20, 2003, 10:17:57 pm
rab mountain duvet trousers

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
#15 trousers
March 25, 2003, 04:07:38 am
Quote from: "simes"
no banana though.

You don't know what you're missing simes - so heres another shot of the bannana trousers in action (nicer colour this time though)

obviously this was just a cheap shot at posting a gratuitous photo of me looking funky on something last weekend![/color]

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#16 trousers
March 25, 2003, 08:46:01 am
Er, dude, you have some string hanging off your waist? and some sort of nappy thing going on... does that come with the trousers?

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
#17 trousers
March 25, 2003, 08:55:42 am
Quote from: "dobbin"
Er, dude, you have some string hanging off your waist? and some sort of nappy thing going on... does that come with the trousers?

it holds the banana in place - the route was kinda like a V4 boulder problem, all be it a long boulder problem with a 300ft drop beneath it!

simes

• stalker
#18 trousers
March 26, 2003, 10:49:09 am
there is a pair of spacetime trousers on this page:

http://www.physics.hku.hk/~tboyce/modern_physics/topics/quantum/epilogue.html

anyone got a pair???

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#19 trousers
March 26, 2003, 10:54:57 am
Wow! That's a bit of light reading, isn't it?

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#20 trousers
March 30, 2003, 12:56:21 pm
current favs are A5 boulder pants Materials bomber although sayin that managed to put a hole in them at font last week Fits great def recommneded Also love my prana pants great fit also Got the titan pants which are quite lightweight great for summer or warm weather Got a pair of metolius dynamic pants Gotta say these suck Took em out on some yorkshire grit day i got em and they fell to bits Materials crap really really lightweight The fits shit as well They call em dynamic but there isnt even a gusseted crotch!!

cubanallstar

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal