the shizzle > chuffing

Lancs boulderer seeks entertaining time in Peak

(1/4) > >>

squeek:
Me and Jee are planning a weekend in the peak district sports climbing in a few weekends time.  We'd be looking to try our onsighting out at around 7a.  Where are the best places to go for this grade?  Would prefer somewhere with decent bolts that isn't too run out, as bold sports climbing just makes me dejected before I set off.  He's got the Northern Limestone guide so anything in there is probably best, unless there's some online guides to some good places someone can point me at.  Cheedale was mentioned by someone...

Bonjoy:
Two tier + Embankment combo would be your best bet. Long wall would also be a good bet. Max's wall is popular but a bit non descript. All down Chee dale.

dave:
max boutros boutros in chee dizzle is flava, lots of slopey holds, pinches and sidepulls, and more importantly its in the shade most of the day. never climbed on embankment but the rock looks a bit flakier. 2tier looks good but i contrast to max butt it gets the sun all afternoon, so depends if you like sun or shade.

cofe:
2nd max wall and 2tier. all good things. circular.

Bonjoy:
Or get up early enough for morning shade. I'm sure 2tear is shaded until mid arvo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version