UKBouldering.com

ill pool table (Read 1697 times)

dave

ill pool table
July 25, 2005, 09:54:05 am
check this out

was in a pub over near robin hoods bay on the weekend, i they had the flyest pool table i've ever seen. I mean we've all seen the ones with purple cloth, and the L-shaped ones, but this was a cut above.

Imagine the frame and structure of the table was a circle of about 8-9 foot diameter. then the playing surface was a hexagon which fitted inside it, so you've got your six pockets and six equally sized cusions. Now that on its own would be pretty fly, but then the whole top of the table revolved on the base. So basically you don't have to walk round the table, you just swivel it round. Brilliant! plus you don't need half the amount of space as you do with a normal table, they had it stuck in a bay window. superb! The only problem was the tendancy for the table to revolve when you leant on it for a long shot, or if you were impatient and started revolving it before the balls had stopped moving, in which case you sent them on curved paths. But it all adds to the semi-drink fun of pub pool.

I dare not even think about the potential this table has for appearing in GCSE and A-level maths exam papers. Its a question-writers dream.

Has anyone else seen of of these, or any equally-fly table??

holler.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#1 ill pool table
July 25, 2005, 09:59:14 am
Sounds tech, but do all the balls move when you rotate the table?

is it this

dave

#2 ill pool table
July 25, 2005, 10:08:00 am
that one don't look like its hexagonal, that looks like a circular surface.

The balls only moved around if you weren't smooth moving it around. they're only going to mvoe ifthe acceleration you're imparting is too much, if you start it moving slowly then gradually pick up speed you could move it quite quick without a problem. plus the table top had a fair weight to it, so it kinda dampened the acceleration a bit too, and the rotation movement was smooth, a nice action.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#3 ill pool table
July 25, 2005, 10:18:36 am
that's what I was gonna aks, shirley spinning the table makes the balls move round?

i know this can't touch Dave's fly hexa-flava, but...

there's an illmatic one down Riley's in Derby, it's a full size 9-baller, red cloth with a "Budweiser Blimp" light over the top.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal