haha
July 15, 2005, 01:44:01 pm
i typed in leprechaun on google and got this

i laughed but didn't understand it :?:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 haha
July 15, 2005, 02:05:50 pm
how fashion changes. does your avatar need more good men?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2 haha
July 15, 2005, 04:16:28 pm
what the hell are you googling for leprechaun's anyway.

AndyR

• forum hero
#3 haha
July 15, 2005, 04:24:02 pm
Jesus FOAM, I get dizzy with the rapidity with which you change your sig and avatar.
Do you have trouble making your mind up?

Daddy or chips, daddy or chips?.........

Rico

• menacing presence
#4 haha
July 15, 2005, 04:46:44 pm
Quantity not quality.

It's a schoolboy error.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#5 haha
July 15, 2005, 05:03:01 pm
all i have to say is...

haha i'm kwl i have glow in the dark pixie boots :8)

Rico

• menacing presence
#6 haha
July 15, 2005, 05:33:47 pm
Dunno where you're from mate but as a much travelled man of the world and dedicated follower of fashion I'd like to take a guess.

Milan?

Rio De Janeiro?

Barrow-in-Furness?

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#7 haha
July 15, 2005, 06:10:02 pm
well the jacket would have sold for 600 originally at the top place. kiss my badself.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#8 haha
July 15, 2005, 11:10:52 pm
It's the white tracky bottoms tucked into the white Hi-Tec sports socks, that has me scared. :shock:

clm

• forum hero
#9 haha
July 16, 2005, 07:48:17 am
Ahem (cough) chav (cough).

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#10 haha
July 16, 2005, 03:43:52 pm
it looks like you and dense share a wardrobe foam

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#11 haha
July 16, 2005, 03:48:08 pm

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#12 haha
July 17, 2005, 12:29:27 am
it looks like you and dense share a wardrobe foam

he wishes :wink:

hmm perhaps its worth pointing out that IRONY and SARCASM WEREN'T involved in the taking of said photo :wink:

as for chavscum.com, haha that photo's been plastered all over the forum (which i've been banned from three times lol)

unfortunatley i'm ip banned from the site so can't see any of the boxes but as far i as can remember i ticked 3 out of 5 :8) get me?

also someone has yet to explain to me the meaning of the poster? :?  :?:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#13 haha
July 19, 2005, 09:37:13 am
Careful now young man!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#14 haha
July 19, 2005, 10:11:20 am
:lol: Quality Bonjoy

FOAM - Are you serious about not understanding the poster?? If so just re-read your pissed up ramblings from July 07th then swap Uncle Sam for a British Bulldog and it might make sense...

webbo

• forum hero
#15 haha
July 19, 2005, 10:17:46 am
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"
well the jacket would have sold for 600 originally at the top place. kiss my badself.

and you got it for what.....a fiver.

i wonder why.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#16 haha
July 19, 2005, 10:18:59 am

hmm perhaps its worth pointing out that IRONY and SARCASM WEREN'T involved in the taking of said photo :wink:

So you just bought those clothes ironically? or did you ironically borrow them from a chav mate?

dave

#17 haha
July 19, 2005, 10:36:41 am
out of all the chav trademarks and behavioural traits I think the tracky-bottoms-tucked-into-white-socks thing is the one that really baffles me. I think i can just about understand the psychology behind the rest of it, but not this. Its totally bizarre.

The only other group of peple who do this are ramblers, but we don't see chavs with burberry mapcases or JJB trekking poles, so we can rule out that link. Anyone else got a handle on this thorny issue?

AndyR

• forum hero
#18 haha
July 19, 2005, 10:39:07 am
Quote from: "SA Chris"

So you just bought those clothes ironically? or did you ironically borrow them from a chav mate?

Quite. Seems that irony is the last line of defence for the barely defensible these days.

Before too long, the BNP will be arguing that they were being post-modern and ironic, and we've just misunderstood them.......

Cor lumme, boiled beef and carrots, it were never like this in the blitz, cheerful Arthur Askey and........ :oldgit:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#19 haha
July 19, 2005, 11:42:17 am
the thing that's always bewildered me about chav stylings is where does they originate from?  The nation's neds appear to have a very homogeneneous view of what's chav-tastic: burberry, baseball caps, white tracksuits, argos gold jewellry, Henri Lloyd etc.  This, to me, indicates a single source: an inspiration to all those fine folk who hang around bus stations (a font.. in the worst sense).  Who is he?  Who is the grand-high chav?  Does he travel the country, conducting public addresses in Tesco carparks late at night, emerging from his pimped up Citroen to dispense wisdom and coordinate his accolyte's sartorial efforts?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#20 haha
July 19, 2005, 11:56:22 am
I though everyone knew this;

dave

#21 haha
July 19, 2005, 12:00:12 pm
its probably beckham or that twat from the streets.

seriously though, the chavs/scrotes dress the same to be seen to "fit in". Thus anyone who dresses differently is intrisically a gay/weirdo/goth/boffin/student/freak i.e. an outsider and easily identified. chavs must renounce individualism upon asimilation to the chav gestalt.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#22 haha
July 19, 2005, 12:07:06 pm
Quote from: "dave"
out of all the chav trademarks and behavioural traits I think the tracky-bottoms-tucked-into-white-socks thing is the one that really baffles me. I think i can just about understand the psychology behind the rest of it, but not this. Its totally bizarre.

Is it to show off your qualidee trainers? Or is it to stop getting ticks on your legs from the prize whippets you are breeding in the front room.

dave

#23 haha
July 19, 2005, 12:11:41 pm
i suspect its got a more practical use, for example i imagine that cheap nylon tracky bottom pockets these dasy don't stand up to the kinda stuff that your average chav carries around, thus the tuck-in is to stop them loosing their keys, knives, needles and wraps of skag when the pocket lining goes. this is also probably why they all carry thier mobiles on those fucking neck straps.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#24 haha
July 19, 2005, 12:34:04 pm
i.e. an outsider and easily identified. chavs must renounce individualism upon asimilation to the chav gestalt.

:lol:

Blubba - can't you change 'Training obssessed fool' to 'Heading for an ASBO''??

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#25 haha
July 19, 2005, 02:48:48 pm
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  do it! lol

I didn't buy any of those clothes ironically but putting them together in that combination was meant to be funny not serious. The white trackies are for climbing in, nothing else.

seriously though, the chavs/scrotes dress the same to be seen to "fit in". Thus anyone who dresses differently is intrisically a gay/weirdo/goth/boffin/student/freak i.e. an outsider and easily identified. chavs must renounce individualism upon asimilation to the chav gestalt.

Hmm probably true to an extent. But due to the amount of press the whole 'chav' issue has recieved in the past few years Chavs are now (at least in my home city) a big minority and one that stick out like a sore thumb as there's always some idiot around who thinks they'll use the latest trendy meme - 'OH NOES A CHAV!!!1111'. Very, very few people wear anything branded now round here, it's all topman/burtons camp bollocks and quite frankly the idea that someone who dresses a certain way will behave a ceratin was is absolute crap. Most of the biggest wankers i know ditched the trackie bottoms and henri lloyd for pink t-shirts and ripped jeans in a pathetic attempt to be trendy. Doesn't mean they don't still rob and beat people up tho. :roll:

dave

#26 haha
July 19, 2005, 02:58:02 pm
the idea that someone who dresses a certain way will behave a ceratin was is absolute crap.

no one is saying that dressing a certain way makes you be a nob, in the same way that ian botham isn't suggesting that having a healthy heart makes you eat shredded wheat.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#27 haha
July 19, 2005, 03:00:55 pm
Don't get it. But the the chavscum website and a hell of a lot people DO say that Dave.

dave

#28 haha
July 19, 2005, 03:05:58 pm
put it this way, theres a subtle distinction between saying that nobs tend to dress a certain way and saying that people who dress a certain way tend to be nobs.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#29 haha
July 19, 2005, 03:09:32 pm
There's, not theres. :wink:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#30 haha
July 19, 2005, 03:17:17 pm
Well i think they're both equally as fucking stupid. I can understand if people decide to use 'Chav'  to describe a people who behave in a bad way - define that as you will - but once you start adding things like clothing, music and other cultural elements into the mix then it becomes complete wank. And i seem to remember getting a load of shit when i said black people tended to be more likely to commit gun crime. But no one cares (in fact a lot of people seem to embrace it in a pathetic attempt to jump on the latest bandwagon - 'emo' is just coming in at the moment) when 'chavs' (which in most peoples mind, i'm not saying yours dave, are defined as young white males who wear sportswear and are antisocial) get the decay of good wholesome british society heaped on them.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#31 haha
July 19, 2005, 03:26:33 pm
That's all very well, but what about Le Shark and his treacherous ways?

Rico

• menacing presence
#32 haha
July 19, 2005, 03:34:08 pm
Dunno about anybody else, but when I'm digging my holes I like to use a Bulldog All Steel Square Mouth Shovel.

With its 28” MYD handle steel shaft and Manganese steel forged socket and head I would heartily recommend it to anyone looking to dig a really big hole.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#33 haha
July 19, 2005, 04:09:07 pm
:lol: to bonjoy

pah, shovels are for n00bs, i use these when i want to dig a hole

erm, sam

• forum hero
#34 haha
July 19, 2005, 04:45:46 pm
There is a lot of bollox talked about chavs.
Chavs are just the non specifically aligned part of youth culture.
Lots of youths define themselves by music :Goths, HipHop types; or sport, rugby types, climbers etc. These affiliations usually have specific codes of dress and so forth.
Chavs, scallys neds are simply youth who have no specific affiliation to any  "youth culture".
They dress in the "trends" of the times: Sportswear.
There are specific trends inside the Chav culture, but the participants would not define themselves as fitting into a "Chav" fashion. Whereas a young climber wearing 5.10 mountain masters would identify the footwear as confirming them as "climbers" Chavs would see themselves as simply looking fashionale.
There is considerable variation of what a Chav, scally etc etc looks like.
This varies from city to city, but can generally be seen on a North-South axis.
Hence: London Chavs wear more closefitting jeans with their reeboks, whilst Mancunian Scallies tend more towards tracky bottoms and rockports.
Outdoor outerwear if favoured more up north whereas down south they would be more likey to wear a Hacket or Ralph Lauren Polo, CP Company style jkt
The condemnation of Chav culture from people older or more in a minority of youth cultrure is as old as the hills and can be seen as common to the hatred of Teddyboys, Mods and Rockers etc etc.
Yes they look stupid. But so do you.
I don't what is wierd about tucking your too long tracky bottoms into your socks (to keep them out of the puddles in rain soaked manchester) compared to the infamous pic of Bonjoy wearing massive Zamberlan Gran Paradisos and boxers to the Trackside boulder.
That pic is funny because it is seen today out of context, at the time we would all have felt he looked like "a climber".
Oh, and Scallycentral.com is the original Scally site. Chavscum is a lame wanna be.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#35 haha
July 19, 2005, 04:52:54 pm
Quote from: "erm, sam"

Do I? Bugger.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#36 haha
July 19, 2005, 05:31:58 pm
Quote from: "erm, sam"

You have just undone 5 years of very expensive psychotherapy...

Ta very much.

Rico

• menacing presence
#37 haha
July 19, 2005, 07:54:38 pm
pah, shovels are for n00bs

You get what you're given in prison.  :wink:

Personally, i'm not sure exactly what chav means anymore, whether it's an insult or a description. It's all a bit vague.

Nobody talks about the condemnation of twat culture, or the considerable variation of what a dickhead looks like.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#38 haha
July 19, 2005, 08:47:07 pm
good post errm, sam.

"Chav" is flavour of the month, and will no doubt become just another word like scally/ned/townie...but I find the way that the term is (mis)used as an excuse for snobbery pretty distasteful.

dave

#39 haha
July 19, 2005, 11:26:40 pm
a lot of the time saying chav is not about snobbery or owt like that, more a dislike for antisocial yobs rather than how they dress. if everyone said "yobbos" no one would have a problem with it, everyone hates yobbos, it just theres more of some kinda class connetation by saying chav which is often unfounded. i don't dislike chavs/yobs because of how they dress or their class, i dislike then because of antisocial behaviour, petty crime, that kinda shit - and also because its exactly those kinda dicks that i went to school with they were twats back then too, only then they wore black Eclipse jackets with white contrast stitching and had those nasty undercut greasy curtains.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#40 haha
July 20, 2005, 10:16:42 am
In my experience, people use it to describe people's fashion sense, rather than their behaviour. Plenty of nice kids wear nasty tracksuits :)

webbo

• forum hero
#41 haha
July 20, 2005, 10:56:28 am
my 12 year old daughter and friends who are in to such labels as quiksilver,o'neill,roxy and other such like use chav as a term of derision against people/townies who wear tracksuits and gold chains.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#42 haha
July 20, 2005, 12:14:18 pm
Quote from: "webbo"
my 12 year old daughter and friends who are in to such labels as quiksilver,o'neill,roxy

You mean high street surfers? Whether that is derisory or not, I'm not sure.

webbo

• forum hero
#43 haha
July 20, 2005, 12:25:34 pm
the money to pay for it all dissappears from my bank account like the tide going out.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#44 haha
July 20, 2005, 01:57:58 pm
this thread is quality, don't start ruining it now by going off topic. Dave I think the trousers in socks is presumably so they don't get their trousers caught in the gears when they're stealing kids bikes.
Lovejoy, looks like mr le shark has trouble swallowing that finger. can't see his treacherous ways being a thread to man kind.
Foam - come on, why the hell were you googling for leprachauns

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#45 haha
July 20, 2005, 01:59:47 pm
haha i can't remember, i think it was something to do with Lucky Charms, the best cereal ever.

wish they never stopped selling it :(

webbo

• forum hero
#46 haha
July 21, 2005, 09:01:36 am
haha i can't remember, i think it was something to do with Lucky Charms, the best cereal ever.

wish they never stopped selling it :(

the diet of Englands foremost rock athlete.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#47 haha
July 21, 2005, 10:23:32 am
You can get them in the US, if you are really desperate.

underground

• forum hero
#48 haha
July 24, 2005, 10:29:10 am

The only other group of peple who do this are ramblers, but we don't see chavs with burberry mapcases or JJB trekking poles, so we can rule out that link. Anyone else got a handle on this thorny issue?

I allus assumed it was so they could shove nicked gear down the tracky leg and peg it from the scene without it going all ovver t' Moor. Although since i was a lad the elasticky bits are colloquially as 'shitstoppers'...

Rico

• menacing presence
#49 haha
July 24, 2005, 03:32:37 pm
There seems to be some kind of morris dancing festival or 'morris dance-off' if you like, in my town today and i've noticed that they also tuck their pants into their socks.

This is of little relevance other than that i'm quite proud of having managed to link chavs and morris dancers.

ned

• menacing presence
#50 haha
July 24, 2005, 03:45:31 pm
I allus assumed it was so they could shove nicked gear down the tracky leg and peg it from the scene without it going all ovver t' Moor. Although since i was a lad the elasticky bits are colloquially as 'shitstoppers'...

my bro said he saw a chav in a shop in manchester putting packs of sausages down his trousers then walking out!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal