UKBouldering.com

What the..... (Read 3356 times)

Rovina

What the.....
July 13, 2005, 04:39:39 am
Hey Guys,

I've a wee concern with one statement made on this site.  :roll:

Under the heading Articles – Tools -  â€œBouldering "drugs bags" “  there is a list of things to pop into your first aid kit.

One point marked on the list is “Some Charlie, for extra pep on those evil highballs”.

What I'd like to know, is this site promoting the use of Cocaine?

First Point
I know there are people out there, particularly young kids, that'll see this type of thing and think to themselves, hey! if they're saying pop a little in the first aid, well why not!  This it is a  small percentage, though kids are influenced by what they read!

Second Point
Forgetting the gear was there and being busted at a boarder crossing for trafficking!  It CAN happen!!

Third Point
If someone actually needs a line to psyche themselves up, their in the wrong sport!

Are you just taking the piss with those that are reading this from O/S?

Rovina :twisted:

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#1 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 05:16:27 am
I prefer PCP myself, but each to his own.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 08:43:04 am
In the Uk we have this thing called irony, it's a bit like coppery, goldy and bronzey, but more grey.

Arnie

#3 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 09:12:57 am
most of us folk downunder have it too bonjoy, but obviously not all of us!!! Btw, a quick line of chan makes for an awesome session and makes the grit seem way less sharp...  :crazy:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 09:24:55 am
:lol:

Chill Rovina, it was only a joke and I'm sure most people would read it that way.

That said, I'm sure a line of charlie would actually help quite a lot if you were in the right frame of mind.

Is this site promoting the use of coke? No, not at all but to be honest, if people did want to take some bouldering with them, I couldn't care less - good luck to them, it's no different to having the spliff/10 coffees/several cans of over-caffeinated sugary drink company/etc that other people swear by imho.

Kids can't afford coke anyway.

And just so nobody starts on a "ukb promotes drugs" style rant, I would hasten to add that Cocaine is a highly addictive drug that can turn you into a cunt and may have been involved in causing a great deal of pain and suffering on it's travels from a South American mountainside to your little baggy. It certainly isn't P.C. that's for sure.

Bungle.

• player
#5 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 09:29:21 am
This does raise an important point if using illegal stimulants in your first aid kit remove the contraband before approaching customs or getting on a plane.

thanks for pointing this out

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#6 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 10:12:48 am
and don't just be careful for customs - I had my car turned over by cops who pulled me over at a motorway toll station in Spain.  Remember kids - keep it secret, keep it safe. :wink:

Doylo

• forum hero
#7 Re: What the.....
July 13, 2005, 12:41:41 pm
Quote from: "Rovina"

I know there are people out there, particularly young kids, that'll see this type of thing and think to themselves, hey! if they're saying pop a little in the first aid, well why not!

as if

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#8 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 01:38:40 pm
surely a troll? i mean... what the fuck :shock:

hmm i've climbed under the influence of various substances

alcohol - no, no, no doesn't help at all. made me feel sick and i could barely pull.

magic mushrooms - oh yes. no shit, this made me strong as fuck. i don't know why but seriously i was climbing possibly the best i ever have under the influence of these bad boys.

e's - same as above really, climbing very well, altho was numb as fuck and was pretty achey the next day lol

weed - meh, minging, was shit, we jus kept laughing at the cock shaped holds :roll:

so in conclusion i propose everyone who goes climbing should do so the under the influence of e's, shrooms or coke and i'm sure we'll see a few V16's within the next few weeks. :roll:

OH NOES MY SEPTUM HAEV BEEN STOELLED :crazy: !!!!!!!11oneone
D.A.R.E. to say no :8)

webbo

• forum hero
#9 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 01:54:34 pm
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"

alcohol - no, no, no doesn't help at all. made me feel sick and i could barely pull.

magic mushrooms - oh yes. no shit, this made me strong as fuck. i don't know why but seriously i was climbing possibly the best i ever have under the influence of these bad boys.

e's - same as above really, climbing very well, altho was numb as fuck and was pretty achey the next day lol

weed - meh, minging, was shit, we jus kept laughing at the cock shaped holds :roll:

so in conclusion i propose everyone who goes climbing should do so the under the influence of e's, shrooms or coke and i'm sure we'll see a few V16's within the next few weeks. :roll:

no wonder your toes are fucked.

cofe

• forum hero
#10 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 02:54:55 pm

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#11 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 02:55:59 pm
no i was actually being serious :byebye:

dave

#12 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 03:39:40 pm
I'd take FOAM's narcotics recomendations as seriously as his other famous endorsements, such as:
  • shit nu-metal
  • the 'ethiopian' training diet
  • the band with him from busted in
  • the 'blame the nig-nogs' stance on crime and social issues.
:roll:
:wink:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#13 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 03:45:32 pm
You forgot having no interest in climbing outdoors in the Peak, rather go train at the wall.

Personally, a mellow blunt doesn't go amiss if you are having a chilled bouldering session.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#14 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 06:29:59 pm
Quote from: "dave"
I'd take FOAM's narcotics recomendations as seriously as his other famous endorsements, such as:
  • shit nu-metal

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

altho the last 1 is a bit low dave :(

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#15 What the.....
July 13, 2005, 08:49:51 pm
All I can add is double  :shock:  :shock:  for the dumb original poster and for FOAMs response... perhaps I ought to re-examine the gurning thread???

Rovina

#16 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 12:42:13 am
All comments take in to consideration, and in my haste to bring up the topic of, I see I've touch a bit of a nerve.  I believe there is a time and place for all things and I to agree with Bubba, if someone wants to take it – then so be it.

My intention was not to cast any stones.  I'm the first one raise her hand when it comes to taking substances, tried almost everything, be it chemical or natural!  

Though I chose not to climb/boulder with these people any more.  I've seen, and been in accidents that could have been avoided had the belayer/spotter been clear minded.

Fingers of a Martyr' comment  â€œsurely a troll”! If you find my character to be of elf like appearance, then I accept your consideration, though if you wish to bring your character down, your effort is duly noted!  I'm sure in the future you can be more imaginative, Com'on you monumental cock spank!, Give me your best shot!

“magic mushrooms - oh yes. no shit, this made me strong as fuck. i don't know why but seriously i was climbing possibly the best i ever have under the influence of these bad boys.”  Any mind altering drug will make you think you're strong as fuck – that's why it's called mind altering…..

Rovina   :twisted:

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#17 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 12:52:15 am
Fingers of a Martyr' comment  â€œsurely a troll”! If you find my character to be of elf like appearance, then I accept your consideration, though if you wish to bring your character down, your effort is duly noted!  I'm sure in the future you can be more imaginative, Com'on you monumental cock spank!, Give me your best shot!

Troll, ie - Trolling for a response, trying to get a bite. Posting something immflamatory.

Rovina

#18 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 01:17:27 am
Can someone please remove the 'skirt and teaser' from my mouth! :oops:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#19 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 01:27:04 am

Rovina   :twisted:

Well someone's obviously got a subscription to

Rovina

#20 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 01:35:43 am
That's you on the cover!   Cute!    :wink:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#21 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 07:07:04 am
have i missed something? has the world gone crazy(er) in the last 2 days? personally i like to go home to some pepsi in the fridge after sending some highballs

webbo

• forum hero
#22 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 08:24:08 am
no its just some australian bird and F.O.A.M.he's probably abit arsey as it sounds like he's got gout from all the substance misuse.

dave

#23 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 08:38:53 am
Quote from: "dave"
  • shit nu-metal

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

altho the last 1 is a bit low dave :(

i fukking love this emoticon -->  :nopity:

Pie Boy

#24 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 09:04:54 am
Rovina,

I can see from your profile pic that you have a very nice rack.

I feel a bit poor, considering my small selection of nuts.

rw

a dense loner

• forum hero
#25 What the.....
July 14, 2005, 10:22:07 am
i couldn't imagine climbing while waiting for a broken hand to heal tho. i would rest it fully.  :oldgit:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal