UKBouldering.com

Klutz seeks places to go Mendips, Dorset, Bath area? (Read 2541 times)

Hodster

Hello, I'm new to this climbing/bouldering stuff after doing course at Plas y Brenin a couple of weeks ago. I am  trying to find places within an hour or so of Bath. I need easy stuff as I haven't got the grip muscles or techniques working yet.

I work at a desk all day so I really want some outdoor action and not just climbing walls.

I went to the Curious Holes quarry last week but was all a bit wet and as far as I could find most of the suggested bouldering sections really overgrown.

Having lived around Bath for years I am familiar with area mentioned a lot but never described in detail. Is there some easy stuff there or will it all be beyond me?

Any help really appreciated

andy_e

• forum hero
avon gorge has some big routes. problemscan be found on the sea walls, and winterbourne down just e of bristow has some nice highbawls.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
You can use the ukclimbing.com crag database to search for crags within a certain distance from where you live:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/databases/crags/

Simon S

• menacing presence
The Avon & Cheddar guide would also be worth getting although there is not any bouldering areas covered. Cheddar Gorge has some ameanable routes as has Tintern Quarry just over the bridge into Wales (Should take about 40 mins form Bath). Not sure if wyeclimb.com is still online but the route info is on that site. If not PM me and I'll forward some stuff to you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal