UKBouldering.com

New Galareea (Read 5384 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#25 New Galareea
July 09, 2005, 04:18:05 pm
Thats cos its not in the lakes you divvot. Although I can understand that the overgrading made you think you were...

JohnM

• junky
#26 New Rose Beta
July 09, 2005, 11:02:22 pm
Just thought I might be able to get some beta seeing as this is a lakes related topic.  Went to Farleton for the first time today.  The weather was sweltering and had a great time soloing lots of the routes.  Tried new rose couldn't get anywhere with it despite being within my grade.  Was trying to crimp crusty limestone up right to stand up into small undercut.  May have been too sweaty though.  Any tips would be great.

dave

#27 New Galareea
July 10, 2005, 11:32:45 pm
Quote from: "Greg C"
the walk will kill you Sheffield types

the jokes on you - i'm still alive....... after walking to the sampson stones AND back on satdy.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#28 New Galareea
July 11, 2005, 04:22:40 pm
Oooh we were gonna go there on sat as well dave. unfortunatley we went to the tilberthwaite ladstones instead. after a fucking roasting, hellish 40 minute uphill walk-in i was expecting something pretty damn special. suffice to say i didn't find it. what i did find was a big pile of overrated greasy crap with shit landings, shit problems and shit projects. i'm sticking with the wall for good now.

dave

#29 New Galareea
July 11, 2005, 04:44:06 pm
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"
after a fucking roasting, hellish 40 minute uphill walk-in i was expecting something pretty damn special. suffice to say i didn't find it. what i did find was a big pile of overrated greasy crap with shit landings, shit problems and shit projects.

at least you won't have to worry about it happening to you ever again fingers. I mean there can't be more than one venue in the lakes like that, right?

(sorry i just can't help myself)

squeek

• junky
#30 New Galareea
July 11, 2005, 05:00:18 pm
You've got to be climbing quite hard to get the most out of the lad stones, and from the few people I know who've been they said it was quite good.  A very hot sunny day isn't the best time to get the most of a place where all the good problems are in the mid-high grades.

What was the verdict on the Sampson stones?

dave

#31 New Galareea
July 11, 2005, 05:13:31 pm
sampson stones are quite good, nice place, you woulnd't wanna be going back there loads though cos theres basically only really 2 main boulders. worth going to though, but its no raven tor.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal