UKBouldering.com

Boulders at Roaches around that Classic E6 6b (Read 1012 times)

dave k

• obsessive maniac
name of the area has slipped my mind.

Anyway its highlighted in (ohh yeh I got it-Piece of mind boulders) the new Staffordshire guide. Anyway visited it for the first time last week and thought it was def worth the visit. Anyone know if anything new has been done their since this publication- hardest in the circuit is about v6. There are a few nice looking lines/projects! that might be worth doing.

It was a tad warm so I did little more than clean them up a little. Did do a nice roof problem that links in with a v4 bulge and mantel quite close to Piece of Mind. Over the roof on an obvious thin crimpy hold with foot jams. I am sure this has been done b4 although not mentioned in the guide. An independent line (avoiding the rising break used in the v4) left of the original mantel would be worthwhile and much harder line.

Anyone know the curcuit well?

grimer

• forum hero
Well, I compiled it for the guide by doing various stuff and asking, among others, that incredible generator of random information, Justin Critchlow. Aas such. some of the info might be a bit sporadic sometimes.

That roof you're talking about, if it's the one i think you mean, there is no definite line on it, so i ended up describing just a couple of the possible ones.

I think.

dave k

• obsessive maniac
Nice circuit. Been bouldering at Roaches for about 10 years and never done any on these boulders. Got spanked by Open bum Cleft although it was a tad slippy out that day.

The problem I was talking about was direct over the roof left of Grewsome.

grimer

• forum hero
Bum spanks Man!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal