technical > photography

D to the Sizzo, L to the Rizzay

(1/10) > >>

dave:
a friend of mine who is in prison is thinking about testing the waters of considering his options for researching the posibilty of maybe getting a digital SLR. £600 or less kinda mark, preferably with lens. Its just a theoretical possibilty at this stage.

looks like theres a few out there at the mo for that kinda dollar:

canon 300D
canon 350D
canon 10D
Nikon D70
Nikon D50
Pentax *ist

obviously the 350d and D70 are well jackson, but what about the rest? anyone got one of any of them, etc. Hit me with some science yall.

SA Chris:
http://www.dpreview.com/ seems to be the best place for impartial reviews.

I got a Pentax *ist D body refurbished with full guarantee off ebay last week for £470, and am pretty pleased. I made sure I stuck with Pentax as I have 4 lenses and a flash that are compatible. No ide how it compares, but a friend has one or the other Canon, and he says it's pretty fast focussing, and smaller and lighter in comparison.

Bear in mind there are two versions of the *ist now, the D and the DS, which is lighter and cheaper, but slightly lower quality.

Bubba:
I got the 10D - see Cofe for a review though coz he played with mine and actually knows what he's on about rather than me who's still relearning my photo skillz.

cofe:

--- Quote from: "Bubba" ---coz he played with mine
--- End quote ---

<sn**ger> :lol:

Bubba:
You loved it you slag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version