god bless america. :roll:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 tha bomb
March 20, 2003, 11:13:29 am
Eek! where will it all end?

Maybe our forces can be stopped engaging Saddam by the sand storms. British rail claimed the wrong leaves, can the British Army leverage that favorite weather excuse again?

Theres noone on the board today! hope everyone hasn't been drafted...

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 tha bomb
March 20, 2003, 11:17:17 am
me an bubba are to old for drafting........... :twisted:  :twisted:
meens u yung uns will have to save our sorry asses...

anyone get trapped in town last night when that anti-war demo shut down one of the city centre roundabouts?Was it the ponds forge one?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 tha bomb
March 20, 2003, 11:24:18 am
Oooh no! sounds like for once getting back home really late actually worked to my advantage. Anyone know if theres anything going on today?

There have been placards flying round Hunters Bar for days saying that if it all kicks off then they will march into town and burn thier bras.

I made the last bit up by the way.

dave

#4 tha bomb
March 20, 2003, 11:38:23 am
yesterday when i was in town on my dinner there was a big bunch of lefties blocking the road outside orchard square, but i think the rozzers dispersed them. I bet George W was thinking "hey, theres a load of soap-dodgers with dredlocks tarting about in the middle of sheffield - lets cancel the war".

Since we're now comitted i fully sport the british tommys who'll be out there fighting for king and country, all the fly boys and even all the woofters in the navy. I got a couple of mates who are out in Q8 now waiting to go over the top, i hope they come back safe and sound.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 tha bomb
March 20, 2003, 12:46:41 pm
Much as I respect those who are willing to demonstrate against the war, I feel that it's a little late now that the missiles have started flying.

If the government quite happily ignored the 1 million strong London demo, they're not going to give a toss about a few people in the provinces. I was reading that dubya was planning to oust Saddam even before he was president of the US, so there ain't no stopping this war now.

Demonstrations and public feeling went a long way to stopping the Nam war, but things were different there - there was no oil involved and there were huge amounts of US casualties.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#6 tha bomb
March 24, 2003, 10:14:59 am
[/url]

dave

#7 tha bomb
March 24, 2003, 11:28:19 am
I can't belive the bloody yanks have shot down a tornado! What the fuck are they playing at? If things had panned out differently it could have been me flying that aircraft, and i'd be pretty pissed off to be killed by some nobber who can't tell the difference between a tornado and a scud.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 tha bomb
March 24, 2003, 11:35:10 am
Yep, very bad news. They've got a system that should prevent that happening as the patriots can detect that the plane is friendly, but this must have failed somehow.

There's also the ITN news crew that were killed by US tanks, and there's going to be a lot more "friendly fire" incidents before this thing is finished. An unfortunate side effect of the confusion of a battlefield.

There's also that US soldier who tried to take out his own command with a grenade attack, killing one and injuring others. Apparantly, during the Vietnam war, over 600 US troops were killed in similar circumstances. Crazy.

dave

#9 tha bomb
March 24, 2003, 11:39:20 am
That'll be down to the buck-toothed inbreds from alabama, pull the pin out of the grenade then realise they don't know how to 4.... :freak:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 tha bomb
March 24, 2003, 11:39:27 am
Just had a look for Friendly Fire stats, and check this out:

Gulf War I:  51% deaths to allied troops caused by friendly fire
Vietnam: 39%
WW2: 21%

I dread to think of how many people 21% of allied WW2 casualties amounts to...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal