UKBouldering.com

South Lancs Bouldering Meet 2005 - July? (Read 6192 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
Awlreyt guys! its time for the first annual southlancsbouldering meet in the field of excellence! So: 2 things:
1. 8th, 9th, 10th July. is this ok? or does this come intop conflict with other meets?
2. Please come!
p.s. the beardown team's presence is expected, nay compulsary.

a dense loner

• forum hero
where is there to climb in south lancs? are you goin to take us an hour up a hillside for us to turn around at the top? i have never forgiven you for that greg  :lol:

squeek

• junky
are you goin to take us an hour up a hillside for us to turn around at the top?

Indeed, it must have been twice as bad for you because everyone else managed it in 30 mins.  :lol:

Regarding places to go, Longridge should be officially open by then...  and...  err..

andy_e

• forum hero
i was thinking:
brownstones
Lower Montcliffe
the Wiltons
Cadshaw
Bridestones (it's in lancashire officially!)

webbo

• forum hero
this is a wind up. right ????

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Longridge would be good. Brownstones would be quite fun with lots of mats on the long back wall section, and could be combined with the Wiltons.

The rest don't really have great circuits. There are some great problems, but they're all scattered around.

What's Stanworth like (though I'm not sure if you're allowed there) - Jordan said it had some good bouldering. Plus there's the impossible slab.

AndyR

• forum hero
I'd love to, but I'm washing my hair that weekend. Sorry chaps.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Stanworth has some nice bits of rock, but the land fill site has got ever nearer over the last few years and has engulfed the small buttress with Raleigh on it (which was a really good problem - about v7 up a 30 degree overhanging finger crack).

Last time I went there was a lot of rubbish that had been blown in, and the smell was overwhelming. Practically a write off for anyone with a nose.

jimbo

• addict
I suspect the beardown crews qualtiy control mechanism may kick in on the approach to south lancs forcing the convoy of pimpmobiles straight past the landfills and into north wales / lakes / anywhere else.

JR

• forum abuser
Boys you really need to get out more!!!

Having grown up and learnt to climb in lancashire i have no desire to travel from sheffield back to my parents simply to go climbing for the weekend.  The only reason I go climbing when im back home is to escape my parents...  And seeing as I live with kim i dare say id persuade him to go somewhere else for a weekends filming!  Plus it would rain, it always does.

Having said that there is the odd excellent thing in lancashire
As for stanworth, it is actually pretty good (by lancs standards anyway), some good routes there, though it does stink of shit and you have to put up with the circleing vultures...  As for access I think its ok, or at least it was last time i went.  someone had an accident in a Biffa site (not stanworth) and they went a bit west on the whole access thing for a while but they never stopped us after a few months.

There is always... http://www.thebmc.co.uk/outdoor/rad/rad_det.asp?crag_id=622 to check access
Is the bit thats been filled the bit with that choice looking E7, i heard rumours of it?  think it was called mount vinson.  Pity if it has looks good and ive wnated to do that since i was a kid.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Last time I was there Mt Vinson was still doable, but that was a year ago or more - might have gone by now.

clm

• forum hero
dont all the best climbers already climb in lancashire??

dave

when i glanced at this thread i thought it said "south lakes" and i thought "that sounds alright", then i realised is said "south lancs". Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

a dense loner

• forum hero
i thought it said "south lakes" and i thought "that sounds alright

almost as bad

Kim

• forum abuser
Quote from: "andi_e"
8th, 9th, 10th July. is this ok? or does this come intop conflict with other meets?

http://www.hambleton.gov.uk/hambleton/events.nsf/0/4377d6add5391cfd80256fa40032187a?OpenDocument

damn.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
No Beardown South Lancs vid!!!

I'm very disappointed - I was kind of looking forward to some dirty, grafitti-covered quarry (complete with a few rusty shopping trollys and a burnt-out car) action.  :lol:

JR

• forum abuser
well that idea went down faster than chesney hawkes' career.

Greg C

• forum hero
You could do a weekend bouldering meet at Carrock Fell and still have plenty to go back for... not that I'm organising one   :smokin:

cofe

• forum hero
Quote from: "Kim"
8th, 9th, 10th July. is this ok? or does this come intop conflict with other meets?

http://www.hambleton.gov.uk/hambleton/events.nsf/0/4377d6add5391cfd80256fa40032187a?OpenDocument

damn.

stop it :lol: my sides hurt :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

andy_e

• forum hero
You are ALL a bunch of tasteless wankers.
YOU SUCK.
p.s carrock fell? sorted.

webbo

• forum hero
You are ALL a bunch of tasteless wankers.not really
YOU SUCK.no i don't
p.s carrock fell? sorted.

quite a lot.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
How very odd.

Anyone for a friendship bracelet? There there, see how happy the world becomes if everyone holds hands.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
A lacemaker called Winslow Bobbins!!!!! We do live on Pigeon street!

cofe

• forum hero
bring your own lunch bitches.

dave

I hate to flag down a black cab and head for real street here lancs boys, but i'm loath to go bouldering in gritstone quarries which are only 15mins drive from my crib, so you do the math on that one. who's for a roche abbey meet instead?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal