UKBouldering.com

Skin Strength (Read 1621 times)

Daniel

• player
Skin Strength
May 18, 2005, 01:44:02 pm
Another bouldering sesh, and my tips are gone again. I reckon Ive got a few hours bouldering in me before my skins completely gone - where the odd ones bleeding and it hurts to touch the rock.

Im sure everyone else doesnt have this problem. How long can you boulder for? And what do you do to toughen ye olde skin up?

D.

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Skin Strength
May 18, 2005, 01:50:57 pm
see thread antihydral/stump cream.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Skin Strength
May 18, 2005, 02:01:52 pm
How long can you boulder for?

I depends on how rough the rock is and how much you slide off it. I try to not pull too hard until I have figured out a sequence. If it's a slap, don't hold the catch unless you know you have hit the hold right, if that makes any sense. Use your skin wisely, don't go on skin grinders when conditions are crap, don't thrash about on stuff you have no chance of doing.
And what do you do to toughen ye olde skin up?

Climb regular so you have a rapid turnover of good skin. Use sandpaper so you get even regrowth or if if you can't get out climbing to stimulate regrowth. Avoid deturgents which will strip oils from your skin (eg use rubber gloves for washing pots). Use moisuriser and Climb-on after climbing sessions when skin is dry from chalk.

dave

#3 Skin Strength
May 18, 2005, 02:41:41 pm
climbing stuff static and being leigth weigth will help your skin go for longer - not so much use if you're heavy and slappy like me though. Also learn how to use tape and loctite will help.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Skin Strength
May 19, 2005, 08:22:09 am
What the hell does "leigth weigth" mean?

Be precise with hands and feet where possible, and vary the types of probs in the session. If you spend too long on a problem that has a nasty hold, the relevant bits of skin will wear out quicker than the rest.

squeek

• junky
#5 Skin Strength
May 19, 2005, 09:29:10 am
What the hell does "leigth weigth" mean?

light weight

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal