UKBouldering.com

Trowbarrow dyno (Read 2014 times)

Mr.Burns

• stalker
Trowbarrow dyno
May 17, 2005, 01:29:37 pm
On fri I did a big dyno at trowbarrow but its prob not a first ascent. Starts in the same place as gregs dyno but goes straight up to the sloping shelf. Not sure about the grade but its hard. I believe squeek has some pictures.

squeek

• junky
#1 Trowbarrow dyno
May 17, 2005, 01:41:05 pm
That's a rubbish report!  Let me tell you the story:

On Friday whilst me and Jee were pottering around down Trowbarrow, enjoying the sunshine and the limestone beign dry, a local wad swaggered in after work.  Sporting a pointy yellow nose, bald head and mean glare we instantly recognised the magazine photo superstar Mr.Burns.  After we got his autograph and photos with him, he set about his Fr8a warm up.  Soon after he was battling with his dyno project, over 6 foot between jugs and a sloping ledge.  After almost an eternity of minutes he hit the ledge and nearly held the crappy hold, could this be his day?  Next go he hit the ledge and managed to summon the power to hold the ledge.  Wow!

:)

The name 6 Foot Sicks was mentioned at somepoint which is quite apt becuase it's roughly how far the holds are apart

Picture here:
http://ukbouldering.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1094

Goes from the big jug between his foot and knee.

Mr.Burns - I've also put a few more pics of you climbing in the gallery.

Mr.Burns

• stalker
#2 Trowbarrow dyno
May 17, 2005, 02:06:58 pm
If it turns out that no one has done it before it propose the name 6ft Sicks and a grade of V9.

Cool pics squeekster

ferret

• forum abuser
#3 Trowbarrow dyno
May 18, 2005, 04:24:35 am
mike adams did a month or so before....... no suprise there!

ferret

• forum abuser
#4 Trowbarrow dyno
May 18, 2005, 08:13:04 am
nah im fuckin trippin.... thinkin of a totally different problem on the shelter stone, thats what ya get for postin at 4am!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Trowbarrow dyno
May 18, 2005, 10:34:47 am
i did gregs one-handed, in front of you lot, but do i get any prizes or a mention? no :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal