UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2083441 times)

36chambers

• forum hero

Rewatching this and seeing how spanned DW is getting into the little slot, it looks like Nalle could have reached but then wouldn’t have had anything to be grumpy about.

“Uuuuuuh I’ve got to get on a fucking business class flight again and fly to these shitty beautiful boulders”

Just realised that Nalle also has to do the big throw move off a worse LH than the other guys (I'm assuming it's worse, otherwise the other guys would use it).

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Think Jimmy uses the same bit on the FA but not sure. Assume that hold has seen a lot of brush attention since then!!

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
Burden is probably going to remain a bit of a mystery as any would be suitors would have to move to Finland for 6 months and live in a depressing flat whilst it was snowing.

This Japanese chap seems to be dedicated to repeating it.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
If you watch DW on SWS, for the last move out left before the heelhook, almost every time he does the move successfully (either for the stand, links, or the actual ascent) he gets his right foot on an edge (assuming blind as he is focussed on his left hand), every time he fails it's either telegraphing on the rock or flapping in the air.   

cowboyhat

• forum hero
I really like the sleepwalker edit.

Woods is a bit try hard to be cool, and Nalle. His sense of humour/self awareness bypass seems terminal.

The cool list is long overdue an update and a welcome antidote.

cowboyhat

• forum hero

Bradders

• forum hero

Woods is a bit try hard to be cool, and Nalle. His sense of humour/self awareness bypass seems terminal.

If Woods isn't "cool", who the hell is?

Webb is clearly the coolest  :wub:

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube

If Woods isn't "cool", who the hell is?

Webb is clearly the coolest  :wub:
Seemed pretty cool to me when I met him yesterday. Also he was wearing the same t-shirt he climbed RotS in (from the looks of it) only with even more holes in it.  ;D

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Chris says hi from Ceuse  ;)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog

turnipturned

• forum abuser

Seemed pretty cool to me when I met him yesterday. Also he was wearing the same t-shirt he climbed RotS in (from the looks of it) only with even more holes in it.  ;D

Is that mellows new merch? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0846P9QKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MQV0SKBV533HS6ZH2MWT

Duma

• forum hero

Good footage of the boss

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Was that the ascent of The Boss that took place in the week straight after Haydn called the lime?!

Anyway, what a refreshingly gentle and clear video. Really nice footage and laidback vibes  :2thumbsup:

JackAus

• junky

Look at that rock!!

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Hunter is a prolific developer in the Front Range, enjoyed this:

Liamhutch89

• forum hero

That is one heinous crimp on the last boulder. The way that Yves climbs looks very unique. I want to say it looks floaty but it's  something else. Locked into the rock perhaps? A bit like gravity has been turned down! His preposterous levels of strength probably has something to do with it.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Those fucking little cut edit things on problem 2 can just go jump in a bottomless pit. Stopped watching then, can't be doing with good problems and footage ruined like that.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Had this guy actually climbed anything hard, or is he just popular for his lettuce scores? Fred Nicole climbed 8B+ 25 years ago.

rjtrials

• regular
Had this guy actually climbed anything hard, or is he just popular for his lettuce scores? Fred Nicole climbed 8B+ 25 years ago.

Fred didn't climb 8B+ in Ottowa though, seems like Yves has to break his own ground. There is a lot of fanfare for 8A and up repeats on this thread, and anytime someone is putting up new routes/boulders, that deserves a totally different level of respect than hanging on wood.

Would be interesting if he traveled more, but not everyone does that.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Fred Nicole broke his own ground world-wide for many years 🤷🏼‍♂️ For a while there was even talk about the Nicole-celing, when climbers progressed through the grades until they ran out of Nicole boulders to repeat.

remus

• forum hero

Does it matter? This is 'Quality bouldering videos' not 'videos of people who have climbed 8C or harder'.

Doylo

• forum hero
Nice footage but bit too much slow mo.

Wellsy

• forum hero
Those fucking little cut edit things on problem 2 can just go jump in a bottomless pit. Stopped watching then, can't be doing with good problems and footage ruined like that.

Ah I see you are also a man of culture

Yeah it proper hacks me off too

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog

Hes climbed 5 8B+’s FWIW

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker

Does it matter? This is 'Quality bouldering videos' not 'videos of people who have climbed 8C or harder'.

I thought under a video of the gent in question may be an appropriate place to ask! I knew he was insta famous for hanging off bits of wood, but didn’t know whether he’d managed to climb anything hard.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal