UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2098661 times)

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
I enjoyed this:

gme

• forum hero
Cameron Smith a strong lad from up north has a series of videos out of him up the county. Not sure they have ever been put on here so here is a link to the latest one. If you like it it’s easy to find all the others on his channel

HaeMeS

• menacing presence
The video of Anthony Gullsten doing FA of Silver Lining (8C). Impressive line!

andy popp

• forum hero
Not too shoddy.

gme

• forum hero
What a great little film. Absolutely loved that. 

Doylo

• forum hero
Pretty much the all the usual problems but appreciated them trying something different with the edit. Different is good.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Really good that!

Bradders

• forum hero
Enjoyed that, certainly held my attention better than most vids.

Duma

• forum hero
Loving that perfect half crimp at 12:50

monkey boy

• forum hero
Enjoyed this

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Liked this.

Duma

• forum hero
loving the zoom down the hill afterward

Bradders

• forum hero
Surprised this hasn't been posted before. Four minutes of pure psyche from Doylo  :punk: :bow:

Bradders

• forum hero
Best video Mellow have had so far I think. Great stuff and really artfully shot apart from some choppy bits. Love that the first half shows nothing but failure too.

monkey boy

• forum hero
I really enjoyed that too. Put together by Bear Cam so knows a little more what he is doing. Shame the still on the title screen isn't featured though. That problem look very cool.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Shame the still on the title screen isn't featured though. That problem look very cool.

I feel like that problem was in another one of their Swiss edits but not 100%, maybe it was just in a promo.

Really enjoyed this edit but feel like my standard for quality has been skewed by all the amazing Kevin Takashi Smith vids recently!

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
I enjoyed this one. Something for everyone, lockdown training, hard bouldering and hard sport:

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
Best video Mellow have had so far I think. Great stuff and really artfully shot apart from some choppy bits. Love that the first half shows nothing but failure too.

This was so, so good. I really enjoyed the style and editing. It felt like a breath of fresh air in bouldering film making. Before I get bogged down in hyperbole, I'll also add that it's one of the first I've seen in a while that captured what bouldering projects kinda feel like to me.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Thought it was great up until the final few minutes. The choppy editing (which worked well for the rest of the film) made it hard to watch the final ascents. All except the wagon sitter, which was mercifully uncut.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
Loved all the failure. It feels much more real to me than many other videos. Also liked the shots of the environment and mountains, along with no music just the sounds of the birds, hands/fingernails against the rock, beta chats, heavy breathing and landing on pads. It gives a good impression for me of bouldering outside, it is not just an outdoor gym with pumping music and regular success on problems.

Duma

• forum hero
Ironic that much of the other mellow vids give exactly that impression.

macca7

• addict
 :agree:Such a refreshing change to their usual style of videos and so much better for it!

Hope they continue in this vein as i found some of the others unwatchable at times.

Very enjoyable

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Surprised this hasn't been posted before. Four minutes of pure psyche from Doylo  :punk: :bow:

Quite emotional after watching that... Nice one Doyle

tomtom

• forum hero
Thought it was great up until the final few minutes. The choppy editing (which worked well for the rest of the film) made it hard to watch the final ascents. All except the wagon sitter, which was mercifully uncut.

Kind of the same here - but less annoyed by the editing.

There are probably several Swiss stone masons who are wondering who the f*ck was wandering around their yards filming bits of offcut rock... :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal