UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2084042 times)

tim palmer

• forum abuser

I loved this film when it came out,  watched it again last night and still enjoyed it.   I am curious now watching it as to what the grades of all the various ungraded Sharma problems are now.

I know the egg was 8a and the other thing in squamish (proposition?) was 8a+ .  I think the weird feet first thing in Arizona has also settled at a pretty ok grade too.

Anyone have any idea on the others?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I'm sure we've had them before, but worth a repost. Creative and well made viddys.

grimer

• forum hero
Brilliant to see Rampage on there, must have watched it 50 times when it came out.

"If he gets up, then we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy."

Doylo

• forum hero

I loved this film when it came out,  watched it again last night and still enjoyed it.   I am curious now watching it as to what the grades of all the various ungraded Sharma problems are now.

I know the egg was 8a and the other thing in squamish (proposition?) was 8a+ .  I think the weird feet first thing in Arizona has also settled at a pretty ok grade too.

Anyone have any idea on the others?

Think the Ashtrays 8a+ too.

tim palmer

• forum abuser
Brilliant to see Rampage on there, must have watched it 50 times when it came out.

"If he gets up, then we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy."

Got to love a breakfast club quote

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Good vid, gutted I didn't get to the Draw end of last year :(

Likewise when we were in Flagstaff. Lass was not keen, we went to Oak Creek Overlook instead, which she hated :)
Ah, I was meant to go to a Conference in Phoenix in November. Had flights booked to stay a weekend in Flagstaff but didn't end up going and was injured...

Doylo

• forum hero
It’s almost like he was reading the discussion in the Chuffing videos thread.... Nice one Pritch!

monkey boy

• forum hero
My favourite person to watch climb, floats like Ty back in the day. Also doing the big move on Dreamtime the jump way at his height is pretty impressive.

Bradders

• forum hero
doing the big move on Dreamtime the jump way at his height is pretty impressive.

I thought that, how cool would it feel to be as floaty as he looks on that move?! Great stuff.

Looks like Off the Wagon was pretty tough for him as well.

Doylo

• forum hero

gme

• forum hero
Love this film. More finger boarding motivation.

Nice to see people dropping them on YouTube etc for free. Have bought most of them in the past but usually loose them when I change laptops etc. Or they are on VHS.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Still love it too, some scenes are almost poetic.

Terrace Ghost

• player
I didn't know it's written up as that, it shouldn't be as the FA was a crouch. I think you'd need a few pads to start it sitting, the holds are too high to reach otherwise. It annoys me too when people start sitters in a crouch position, like you say it can make a massive difference.

Where did you hear this Dave? It is a sit start

Doylo

• forum hero
I didn't know it's written up as that, it shouldn't be as the FA was a crouch. I think you'd need a few pads to start it sitting, the holds are too high to reach otherwise. It annoys me too when people start sitters in a crouch position, like you say it can make a massive difference.

Where did you hear this Dave? It is a sit start

You forgot :

“Ned says hi “ :lol:

Wood FT

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
What happened to him? Is he still making films?

Bradders

• forum hero
Sure he's done one or two?

SA Chris

• forum hero
https://vimeo.com/outcropfilms

Nothing for a while now, unless it's going elsewhere.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
Is it a different Nick Brown to the guy that now works for UKC and has made several films for them (Statement of Youth etc)?

Bradders

• forum hero
Is it a different Nick Brown to the guy that now works for UKC and has made several films for them (Statement of Youth etc)?

Sorry yeah I was being a bit sarcastic earlier, he's done quite a few things including SoY and this rather nice video of Ned on Voyager:

SA Chris

• forum hero
Didn't realise it was one and the same. Obvious really.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube

Some more Colorado climbs with a couple of filthy ticks

monkey boy

• forum hero

crimpinainteasy

• addict

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Thats brought some great memories of Zillertal. I remember going there with foundry Karl and our kid in 2003? after seeing a short video feature.
When we arrived in Austria I rang Gerhard Horhager, local strongman and new-router and he told us about the new crag "Monkey Island".
We spent the next 3 weeks sleeping in Karls van in the parking lot opposite the crag. I don't recall why, but Karl always slept in the back of the citroen dispatch and Drew and I alternated sleeping across either the 3 seats or in the footwell, face in the pedals.  :slap:
Never got on total brutal. it was pretty imposing, but looked ace, just above the road.

Monkey island was only briefly shown in that vid, a girl on summat, sandwiched between the shots of Lucie Hrozova in a blue bikini...but I reckon that was my fave crag in Zillertal

The steep crag (Bachexe) that Ondra trains on at the end is also ace. Well worth a visit if you're operating in the 8s.

We'd just come from the krankenfuhrer,where Drew popped a pulley on his first days climbing(Slimline), so was only watching Karl and I climbing in Germany and Austria. He only pulled on again once we got to Misja Pec in Slov. Great times...seems a lifetime ago now!  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal