UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2157940 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#7900 Re: YYFY!!!
Today at 08:14:02 am
A niche one, I know, but I also know there are a couple of other people here who like a dip. I've swum in Øresund (strait between Denmark and Sweden) on a regular basis through a second winter. The YYFY isn't really for the getting through the winter but just for finding a physical, outdoors activity I love, that puts me in nature, and that I get a huge amount back from - it's become an important part of daily life. I'm not a swimmer (I'm a rubbish swimmer in fact), I just go swimming. Mostly with a bunch of other ageing Danes.

I’ve just seen this post Andy. Two winters in a row is worth a YYFY and a big yes to swimming in nature. 

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#7901 Re: YYFY!!!
Today at 12:04:49 pm
In mid March a routine visit to my GP quickly led to a diagnosis of prostate cancer. Various MRIs and a bone scan later I'm told that the cancer cells they tested are grade 1. Low volume and slow moving. Not quite out of the woods yet but the news couldn't be much better.
I was envisaging years of my skeletal self haunting hospital corridors attended by a drip ....that won't be happening just yet... Summer trips to see favourite bands in Liverpool & Edinburgh still on and more importantly Tunnel booked for autumn trip to Czech Republic and German sandstone!
As a bonus the scans revealed that my MS has stalled and no further degeneration in brain.

Truly, life couldn't be much sweeter right now.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:10:00 pm by sherlock »

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#7902 Re: YYFY!!!
Today at 12:23:20 pm
Wow. What a relief

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7903 Re: YYFY!!!